Bedroom Closet Clothes Rod Hanger - my fix

jbeletti

Re: Rod Hanger

Lots of great mods here to make that closet rod even better. In the past, I've found it wise for me, based on the amount of clothing I hang (I hang jeans and jackets too), to upgrade my rod and mounts to heavier stuff.

When looking at Devi1Dog's stripped screw holes, it reminded me of a mod I did in my commode room to "re-install" a towel bar under a wall cabinet above the commode. In the initial installation, I used the supplied hardware and screwed into the thin luan of the bottom of the cabinet. Yeah, that lasted only a few months.

Then recently at a rally, me and a couple club member buds carefully removed the luan (putty knife worked great), removed the staples, added some 1/2" pine structure (glued and brad nailed), then reinstalled the luan. Then I had structure exactly where I needed it.

All this to say that my guess is that in Devi1Dog's case, the plant mis-installed the bracket in a spot where they had no structure between the bottom and top layers of the shelf in the closet. So, if one wanted to fix the factory miss without having a support pole, they might peel that luan bottom off to locate and/or add more structure.