Bedroom Slide Floor Cracking

Todster

ThreadI wanted to continue a conversation started in a ATF about people’s bedroom slide floor cracking where the rollers are creasing the coating. I ask as one end did this about 6 months ago, not the other send is about to break through a crease too.

Anyone else have this issue? Or has anyone else had this addressed by factory/outside warranty company?

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

Ours is doing the same thing...I will probably use the general fix that some other members have done. Spent a little time searching and found several threads here....this site is awesome!

Dmetcalf

I’m concerned about this as well since mi e has the slide in a slide there are a total of 7 roller mechanisms involved ..! I like the idea some member talked about with attaching some metal under the slide where the rollers make contact to help keep the rollers from digging into the wood. I’m seriously thinking about doing that but am concerned about what the dealership might say if I had a warranty issue involving that problem down the road ..??!

Dmetcalf

ThreadI wanted to continue a conversation started in a ATF about people’s bedroom slide floor cracking where the rollers are creasing the coating. I ask as one end did this about 6 months ago, not the other send is about to break through a crease too.

Anyone else have this issue? Or has anyone else had this addressed by factory/outside warranty company?

I am waiting to see what other members had to say in reference to this post ....

Todster

Do you have any pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a5e1b9985feb864f0efa1dbb83c6df5d.jpg

0c7dce388204143d473788fc2f7b2453.jpg

00740bcd0bd73c409130028f1ee1364e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

danemayer

Im interested in what Heartland has to say about this issue truthfully...!
Duane,

Heartland doesn't monitor this page, so they're not going to respond to your repeated posts on this thread. And in fact I don't think I've ever seen public responses to questions about specific technical issues like this.

If you truly want to know what Heartland has to say about a similar problem on your trailer, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Size your own pictures so they'll go across the internet quickly, and be prepared to email them once you get a service rep on the line.

Don't be surprised if the Heartland rep suggests you take the rig to your selling dealer for a hands-on evaluation of the problem.

Dmetcalf

Duane,

Heartland doesn't monitor this page, so they're not going to respond to your repeated posts on this thread. And in fact I don't think I've ever seen public responses to questions about specific technical issues like this.

If you truly want to know what Heartland has to say about a similar problem on your trailer, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Size your own pictures so they'll go across the internet quickly, and be prepared to email them once you get a service rep on the line.

Don't be surprised if the Heartland rep suggests you take the rig to your selling dealer for a hands-on evaluation of the problem.

Got it

sengli

There have been several threads on here about this exact same issue. The shown fix was, thin stainless steel sheets were screwed to the bottom of the slide floors where the rollers contacted the floor. So far mine is dented, but not worn thru where the rollers are riding.

Dmetcalf

There have been several threads on here about this exact same issue. The shown fix was, thin stainless steel sheets were screwed to the bottom of the slide floors where the rollers contacted the floor. So far mine is dented, but not worn thru where the rollers are riding.

Do you think it would be worth it to add the thin metal to the areas where the rollers come in contact with the wood ..? I can do that but am concerned about if it would affect my warranty..? What’s your opinion.?
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There have been several threads on here about this exact same issue. The shown fix was, thin stainless steel sheets were screwed to the bottom of the slide floors where the rollers contacted the floor.
I've used galvanized sheet metal. I did this years ago and it has held up well.

Do you think it would be worth it to add the thin metal to the areas where the rollers come in contact with the wood ..? I can do that but am concerned about if it would affect my warranty..? What’s your opinion.?
Thanks
As long as you are under warranty I would have Heartland address the problem.
Once you fix it it could be a problem if something related pops up while still covered by warranty.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 45

Dmetcalf

I've used galvanized sheet metal. I did this years ago and it has held up well.

As long as you are under warranty I would have Heartland address the problem.
Once you fix it it could be a problem if something related pops up while still covered by warranty.

Peace
Dave

Looks like you did a great job with that ..! Thanks for the reply and information