Bedroom Slide Floor Repair

WSGraffius

I've read comments on here related to poor materials used for slide floors, suspect that is my problem too. Problem started with the lamination becoming cracked due to the glueboard becoming decayed above the rollers, picture shows what remains of laminate. I would like to disassemble the slide to replace the flooring myself, has anyone taken on the replacement of the floor themselves or know where I can find literature to make this another home project?

Attachments

• RtSide BdrmSlide.jpg
    RtSide BdrmSlide.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 108

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it has been grinding away for a long time.
There was one person that rebuilt the floor. He has a post several years ago. But his problem was rot.
If you call Heartland, you can ask for a Parkland Plastic Slide Kit.
This kit includes some plastic runners and some adhesive. You would raise the slide up slightly and apply the adhesive and the plastic runner.
Your slide rollers will then run on those runners.
I have heard of some adding thin strips of aluminum, serving the same purpose.
Come on back and tell us how you repaired it. Pics would be great.

Peace
Dave

WSGraffius

Thanks for the reply Cookie, But I'm wanting to remove the wood as it is decomposing, found mushrooms when I rolled it out last month. I have temporaily beefed up the weather seal should additional cause be a leak. I noticed last fall the laminate seemed soft where the rollers meet the floor now the why is becoming clear.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might want to talk to HL about mushrooms!! That sounds like something they need to know about, and may offer you some assistance in the repair.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
From I have read, to replace the slide floor, you have to remove the slide. Not sure how someone working at home would have the equipment to do it unless you own a forklift.