Bedroom Slide - Hydraulic or Electric?

RVFun4Us

The PDI guy at my dealership told me when I picked up our rig that the bedroom slide is not hydraulic but electric. He said the other two slides are hydraulic. I was under the impression that all the slides were hydraulic. Can someone enlighten me on this?

Bob

jbeletti

If your bedroom slide goes out much slower than the other sildes, if outside on each end of your bedroom slide, you see 2 stainless steel cables - it is in fact a Norco/BAL electric slide.

It's very common place for smaller, lighter weight slides to be electric. The benefit to you usually results in storage space under the bed. Generally, when the bed slide is hydraulic, there is little or no storage space under the bed.

RVFun4Us

Jim,

You described my bedroom slide exactly, cables on each side. It goes in slower and plenty of storage space under bed. Thanks for responding. That clears it up for me.

Bob

jbeletti

Jim,

You described my bedroom slide exactly, cables on each side. It goes in slower and plenty of storage space under bed. Thanks for responding. That clears it up for me.

Bob

You bet Bob. I've had hydro bed slides before and loved the speed but I like the storage space more than the slide speed.

Happy camping!