Best Deal on New Bighorn

'Lil Guy'

Where are the best deals at? If you order one from the factory, I assume you have to cut the deal at a dealership and then they place the order. Looked at a 15 3610RE at my local dealership and they wanted **K. Fridge was stolen out of it for another unit, trim and parts missing on the rear entertainment area and light shade over island unraveling. Was firm on the price. (hey, this is my 3rd unit in less than 2 yrs) Looked at the 15 3270RS and it looked nice for abut **K. Thinking about going to a 16 and seeing what I can find. Any thoughts as to the best dealers to buy from? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

osims

bsims
Frank- try Bailys in Lufkin, when we bought our Bighorn they quoted a good price they just didn't have the model we were interested in. There a family owned dealership and I know several people who bought there and were very happy with there sales and service.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Frank, I know you are trying to move up step by step but if you want to go straight to a Landmark, the Ron Hoover dealership in Houston has a Key West at a REALLY good price.

'Lil Guy'

I think this is going to be our last one for a good while.lol We've been doing a lot of research and think we're going to try and keep some of the weight down on the rig while still getting a quality rig. However, DW has done a 180 on me and is looking at the bigger rigs. She seems to feel the difference more than I do on the longer units with a little more floor space. . I'm starting to like the 3270RS. I have between now and the end of the year to decide or until the right deal jumps out. BTW, DW just read this and asked wdhy I'm worrying about the weight with that new truck.lol There went my 3270.

dlw930

When your wife decides what you want, that's what you'll get. At least that's the way it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Frank, I know you are trying to move up step by step but if you want to go straight to a Landmark, the Ron Hoover dealership in Houston has a Key West at a REALLY good price.

But Jay if Frank gets the LM how is he going to keep upgrading 2ft at a time like he has been doing over the last year or so. Lol

Paul & Nan

We used to love Baileys, but the son turned into a jerk when we had an insurance claim. Would not go there again. This was after we had paid many bucks out of pocket for work.

Wmnmy

Believe it or not we got best deal at camping world New Mexico 20+ under what everyone else was dealing ,with the holidays check them out they usually drop their prices ,some have had bad experiences with their service department but we have been lucky so far .

'Lil Guy'

Looks like I'll jump up 4 feet this time. I'm seriously liking a 3270RS. Love the Buckskin interior and the power theater seats. Pretty much has all the bells and whistles that I can think of. Debbie likes the 3750 and I don't so it's out. It has the Salium tires on it. Are they OK or do I need to go with the GY? Not painted but the ivory sidewalls with the painted chocolate front and rear caps looks nice. Talk about upside down again.Wow. Going to have to bring that little monkey around at the rallys taking up collections for this thing. At least enough to recover the loss on the other rig. I guess I'm out for airbags for the 3500 also. Not etched in stone but could happen soon. Between the losses going upside down on the trucks and rigs, I could pay cash for this thing. When I 'm done, I'll write a story of what not to do when shopping for your rig.

pegmikef

From what I have heard and seen those Salium tires are pretty good. I don't remember reading about any problems with them. Interestingly enough Jay and I just talked to a couple with a Big Horn (2016). Their traveling companions in the next site have an identical Big Horn (2014) and they are currently waiting for a tire service to come out and change their blown or about to blow tire. You guessed it, the 2014 has the blow max tires on it.

ucwinters

Might want to call Bob Hurley RV in Tulsa, OK and speak w/ sales person Lisa Chandler. I went there last August and again 3 weeks ago to trade RV's - she made it worth my while money-wise to make a 1,150 mile round trip. I called nearly every dealer in Texas looking for the Sundance XLT 5th wheel and they all low-balled me on the trade-in. Lisa was more than fair last year and again this year on doing the deal. I noticed on their website that they have a new 2015 Bighorn 3270RS listed.

brianlajoie

There are 52 new 2016 3270RS trailers on RVtrader. This is the current market value for the trailer. At least you will have more information as to what is available. Since this is not your first dance, you will know what to look for.

'Lil Guy'

Transferred money and went in to close. Just couldn't do it. I probably don't need it but I decided to order a new one just the same but with the queen bed, yeti pkg, GY G614 tires, and metal covered awning. Don't know if I need it but the yeti pkg seemed like a must have. I don't see a need to upgrade form 7K lb axles but the saliun G rated tires are standard. Are they good enough or is the GY that much of a better option? I can't understand whey the GY option is so high ($2400.00) when they cost $350.00 and you already have the wheels and the price of the Salium in the coach. I have till Monday to decide. Would it be better to use the Salium tires and upgrade later? Thanks in advance.
Still need to add the Progressive surge protector and the water filter system. Getting a little excited.

danemayer

I don't think anyone has posted about a Sailun tire failing. They're rated for the same load as the GY G614 and seem to be doing well.

On the MSRP for the tire upgrade, keep in mind that there's a huge chunk of dealer profit included in the MSRP, some of which you might negotiate away.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Transferred money and went in to close. Just couldn't do it. I probably don't need it but I decided to order a new one just the same but with the queen bed, yeti pkg, GY G614 tires, and metal covered awning. Don't know if I need it but the yeti pkg seemed like a must have. I don't see a need to upgrade form 7K lb axles but the saliun G rated tires are standard. Are they good enough or is the GY that much of a better option? I can't understand whey the GY option is so high ($2400.00) when they cost $350.00 and you already have the wheels and the price of the Salium in the coach. I have till Monday to decide. Would it be better to use the Salium tires and upgrade later? Thanks in advance.
Still need to add the Progressive surge protector and the water filter system. Getting a little excited.

If you can find them for $350. each that is a deal. But if you can it would be cheaper to get them after the purchase, pay for out of pocket rather than finance the tires for 8-10 years. Also if you get them after the fact you could sell the Salium tires and recoup some of the cost of the G614s. Just a thought. BTW aren't the Salium's made in China and the G614's made in the USA. Buy American.

dlw930

I had Sailuns on our Big Country and had no problems. They were 5 years old so I was about to order new Sailuns from SimpleTire.com for $170 each when we decided to buy our Landmark that came with GY 614s. I had researched various forums and never found a negative comment on them except "never buy Chinese tires" which I discounted in favor of specific comments. Since product reviews on forums are skewed toward negative experiences, if there were serious problems, there would be plenty of negative feedback, which I haven't seen. Personally, for $2k there are other upgrades I'd choose over the 614s.