Big Country - Leaking from bottom of trailer

D_BTravelers

We purchased the new 2016 Big Country 3650RL in January and on a campout in April we found water dripping down from the front left stabilizer area. The water seems to be coming from above the I-beam and it is showing on the outside of the I-beam. I currently have it in for some other warranty work and this issue at Texas RV Guys in Haslet, TX. but they cannot find the leak yet. We have pulled out the basement panels to access the plumbing, but can find nothing wet or dripping. None of the pipes are leaking that can be accessed in this area. They have it connected to city water and it does not have a leak, so I believe it may be a holding tank or holding tank plumbing that is leaking, but thought you might have a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
ATF: Big Country - Leaking from bottom of trailer

In some cases, it's been found that road spray and rain water can run down and under the coroplast and pool in low spots between it and the insulating foil. Try dropping the underbelly and separate the two sheets to see if it's wet between them. Cure is to drill small holes in the low spots, just enough to penetrate the coroplast but not the foil. I just did this to mine a few days ago and struck a well (sorta).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_BTravelers

Re: ATF: Big Country - Leaking from bottom of trailer

I don't think that is it because it hasn't been rained on since new, and it is stored under a full cover. I think there is a bad connection at a gray tank or possibly a crack in a gray tank. The repair guy is going to put water in the holding tanks to see if the leak starts, because it isn't coming from the fresh water side. Thanks for the suggestion JohnDar.

Boscowtx

I have the same BC check your laundry faucets, one might be dripping.

D_BTravelers

Oh boy, that is going to be hard to do with the stacked washer/dryer in there. The repair place said they have had it connected to city water for 4 days with no drips, so don't think that is it, but I'll see if I can look in there somehow. I still think it is one of the two gray tanks or their fittings. Thanks for the suggestion though.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ATF: Big Country - Leaking from bottom of trailer

I think I've seen this before. Here's a wild thought. Water condensing from roof AC drips off the downspout, falls towards the body, runs down the side J wrap to drop near the front stabilizer. Because it's intermittent, you don't see the water on the side. You see the puddle over time.

Might be worth running a hose from the roof to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_BTravelers

Hi TravelTiger,
That is what the DW thought also, until I reminded her the first time it started leaking the AC had not run all day. I had a similar issue with the SOB travel trailer, but was able to see it was AC condensation. But, hey, keep those cards and letters coming in folks, I appreciate all the ideas we can get. The repair guy did finally figure out why we couldn't get the 120v element on the water heater to work since Day One. They replaced the relay...nope, replaced the board...nope again. Finally he had two guys with testers working from each end, and they removed the switch panel to get to the wires; they found one wire that had not ever been pushed onto the switch terminal. Water heater works like a champ now. Had one of the hydraulic levelers also leaking fluid but Lippert is sending a new warranty replacement. Other than that, we have not had anything else need work. Yet.