Big Horn Warranty Service

Gerhdo

The Big Horn dealer listed on your web site, La Mesa RV in Mesa, Arizona will not perform warranty service unless the 5th wheel was purchased from them. They said that Heartland did not pay their warranty bills! Would you care to comment? How is one supposed to get something repaired under warranty when on the road and away from the dealer where they purchased the unit?

Disgruntled Big Horn owner.

Last edited:

tcbrady

Gerhdo,
I just spoke with the owner of La Mesa RV. There has definitely been an error in communication. The owner agreed the Heartland does pays their warranty bills in a timely fashion and he also said the La Mesa does perform warranty work on units that were not purchased from their dealership. They would be happy to contact you to set up an appointment at your earliest convenience. Please email me (coley@heartlandrvs.com) your contact info. Sorry for the confusion here.
thanks, Coley

DickO

Glad that got cleared up. We bought our BH in Michigan because of HUGE price difference. We have had GREAT warrantee service at La Mesa here in Tucson. Service manager knows we bought in MI because La Mesa could not even get close to price.

SilverRhino

How many other RV, or for that matter any, manufacturers reply to a question posted on the internet in 4 hours!

HL customer service is the best....keep up the great work guys!

Gerhdo

Mr. Brady,

Thank you for your prompt action regarding La Mesa RV in Mesa, Arizona. It is nice to see them retract their policy so promptly. However, two days ago this was not their policy so I am glad they had such a quick change of heart??? Isn't it amazing what a little bad publicity will do to a dealers attitude.

Thanks again

wdk450

Gehardo:
Thanks for starting this thread and showing other owners a way to get their local dealers to provide warranty service. This has been an ongoing problem, widely reported, and in fact, happened to me, although I bought in my local area from another dealer who has since shut down their service operation. Many of us have just been going to independent 3rd party RV repair companies, and by contacting Heartland beforehand, been getting them to pay the independent RV repairers for warranty service. Heartland is very easy to work with in this respect.