Bighorn 3270 - Missing Fantastic Fan

rono

We also ordered at 3270 a week and a half ago, we did order a Coffered Ceiling and a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom. I'm confused also, does this mean that I get a roof exhaust fan in the kitchen?

I also noticed on the new order sheet that the Fantastic Fan looks like it comes standard on the 2018 Bighorn's on the Premier Package, when I ordered mine it was an option.

my concern is with stationary window over the stove top and and eliminating the kitchen roof Fan how do you how do you get rid of kitchen odors.

We just picked up our 3160 which has coffered ceilings and ours has the fantastic fan in kitchen. But to answer the question how do you exhaust the kitchen. The new convection/microwave has a range vent in it.

T

TomMontague

Chris, if you are having issues with something you should take it in for service. Nowhere did I say we had issues or our previous roofs weren't up to par. We still believe the laminated process is a quality way to build a roof - it just didn't give us the flexibility to keep up with the growing demands of our expanding customer base.

Thanks
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I just wanted to jump in here to say that in my Landmark, I could not get a Fantastic Vent Fan downstairs due to having 3 ACs. I rarely run 3 ACs but am glad I have them. For the most part, I have not missed the vent fan. I do have one upstairs and my microwave fan does exhaust to the outside. My experience...

CoveredWagon

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to jump in here to say that in my Landmark, I could not get a Fantastic Vent Fan downstairs due to having 3 ACs. I rarely run 3 ACs but am glad I have them. For the most part, I have not missed the vent fan. I do have one upstairs and my microwave fan does exhaust to the outside. My experience...

Good to know. I guess I'm feeling a bit better. I know we'll make do, but I think Heartland Bighorn is a lot better than make do.

Dave

asherwin

I wonder if improving in one area (better energy efficiency) will result in worsening in another. We all know that moisture/humidity is an RV's worst enemy. If the kitchen ceiling fan is removed and the microwave fan does not exhaust to the outside how do you expel all that moisture generated while cooking?

Restofrank

I wonder if improving in one area (better energy efficiency) will result in worsening in another. We all know that moisture/humidity is an RV's worst enemy. If the kitchen ceiling fan is removed and the microwave fan does not exhaust to the outside how do you expel all that moisture generated while cooking?

That's my concern to, I'm not totally convinced that the microwave oven exhaust fan is the answer to eliminating cooking odors. I have a microwave oven over my kitchen stove at home and it's marginal.

T

TomMontague

I passed along some bad info yesterday - I just got confirmation that all of our microwaves DO vent outside and have for a long time. Also the construction we are now using on our roofs is almost the exact same as the rest of the industry and is very similar to SOB who is also a major competitor.

CoveredWagon

I passed along some bad info yesterday - I just got confirmation that all of our microwaves DO vent outside and have for a long time. Also the construction we are now using on our roofs is almost the exact same as the rest of the industry and is very similar to SOB who is also a major competitor.

Shame on youTom. LOL 😂

thanks for the confirmation that certainly will help. Fortunately for us we did order the vent fan in the bathroom. I'm not sure that removing the vent fan from the kitchen/living room is a brilliant idea, but as they say, it is what it is. We'll get by

esscobra

Was yours a 2017? Because the order that l sent in might be a 2018 model that I will be receiving

it was one of the last 2017- transport driver picked up from factory on feb 21 - it has new roof and other changes - which came after after dec factory updates - so it most likely just like the 18's

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I have a 2016 3270rs that I bought in Mar of 2016 with a build date of Feb 2016. Mine has the coffered ceiling and a fantastic fan in the kitchen area. If I had the option I would go with the more efficient roof with the higher R value and just get the fantastic in the bathroom .

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Our microwave fan was exhausting into our camper. I knew from experience that when you install a microwave you can set the fan to blow either direction. I had to take it out and turn the fan and assembly so that it would actually blow out the exhaust vent. If your microwave is exhausting into the RV they may have installed the fan wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TomMontague

Shame on youTom. LOL

thanks for the confirmation that certainly will help. Fortunately for us we did order the vent fan in the bathroom. I'm not sure that removing the vent fan from the kitchen/living room is a brilliant idea, but as they say, it is what it is. We'll get by

Trust me - if I can find a way to fit it back in ( actually it's an engineering job not my job ) I will fit it back in. Jim is correct however regarding the LM365. Anyone with a LM365 with three a/c's which is most of them, not a single person has had an actual ceiling vent in the kitchen - just the microwave is the only vent fan available and we haven't had any major issues or anyone really complain that I can remember.

Have a great day.
Talk soon
Tom

CoveredWagon

Trust me - if I can find a way to fit it back in ( actually it's an engineering job not my job ) I will fit it back in. Jim is correct however regarding the LM365. Anyone with a LM365 with three a/c's which is most of them, not a single person has had an actual ceiling vent in the kitchen - just the microwave is the only vent fan available and we haven't had any major issues or anyone really complain that I can remember.

Have a great day.
Talk soon
Tom

Ok ok Tom you win 😉 I'm sold. 😊. Looking forward to our new Rv. This will be a new and first experience for us.

Dave

jbeletti

...I'm not sure that removing the vent fan from the kitchen/living room is a brilliant idea, but as they say, it is what it is. We'll get by
In my experience, the outside exhausted microwave exhaust fan is good for removing condensation, vapor, heat and odor being created by stovetop cooking. I have not tested it for room air exchanges. I'm sure it would be somewhat effective, but nothing like a ceiling vent fan.

This all said, with the rest of the coach shut up (door and windows), I have turned on the bathroom Fantastic Vent Fan and opened 1 narrow window in the dinette slide next to my chair and it really does draw a good amount of air through the coach through negative pressurization.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In my experience, the outside exhausted microwave exhaust fan is good for removing condensation, vapor, heat and odor being created by stovetop cooking. I have not tested it for room air exchanges. I'm sure it would be somewhat effective, but nothing like a ceiling vent fan.

This all said, with the rest of the coach shut up (door and windows), I have turned on the bathroom Fantastic Vent Fan and opened 1 narrow window in the dinette slide next to my chair and it really does draw a good amount of air through the coach through negative pressurization.

Fantastic fans are fantastic at what they do! If you can change the bath fan, it's well worth it. We did this on our previous coach. Not hard. Removing the lap sealant and carefully prying up the old vent was the hardest part.

esscobra

Depending on how well the new insulation ducting does this summer in here in south texas- I had already planned on adding a 3rd a/c to my 3760 where the ceiling fan is- a advent unit with the remote control- low amp draw and efficient. Hopefully new insulation and ducts work as good in 100 full sun as they do in 85-90 sun and wont need it-

not sure if your unit has ceiling fan , but you could put one there- and I saw somewhere there is a new ventilation fan the I reversible-

wdk450

Have a great day.
Talk soon
Tom

Tom:
Just wait until you make more smoke than you realize cooking, and the smoke alarm goes off - THEN you really want a kitchen rooftop vent fan (and to bury the smoke alarm under a pillow!!!).

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Tom:
Just wait until you make more smoke than you realize cooking, and the smoke alarm goes off - THEN you really want a kitchen rooftop vent fan (and to bury the smoke alarm under a pillow!!!).

Ha!!!! Ask the DW about that. When I see the toaster come out of the cabinet, on comes that fantastic fan!
Wouldn't be a deal breaker, but certainly would be a disappointment it's not available.