Bighorn 3270RS "Lil Guy' s Maiden Voyage

'Lil Guy'

Just returned from our 1st trip with the new BH. Went to the La. HOC rally to be around knowledgeable HL owners in case of issues the 1st time out.
Turned south off of I10 to New Iberia to give it the road test. Expected to find half of the interior on the floor after that ride.LOL After setting up I was greatly relieved to find everything as it should be. I'm talking some serious road chucks.
Passed with flying colors. It next passed the rain and wind test again with flying colors. If it doesn't leak after that continuous rain, it won't leak.
Some of the group was kind enough to point out features I didn't know about like the under Island lighting and where the switch is, how to fully retract the rear landing gear, the rear back up camera that I didn't know existed just to name a few.
In summary, Debbie and I love this new rig and so far, zero issues and all kind of pluses. How you read about some of these rigs having so many issues and problems from day one is hard for us to fathom. This is our 3rd HL product and we've had no issues that weren't self induced.
Thanks Heartland for another quality rig and thanks to the Heartland Owners Club members for the great info about our new rig. No better way to break in a new rig than being at a Heartland rally with knowledgeable people just in case of a glitch.

Wmnmy

Congrats on the new rig great choice we love our too have not had too many lil issues and no big issues I took the spice cabinets out and pit in two shelves making three so I could get boxes of cereal in and it came out great .... You will ove it ....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just returned from our 1st trip with the new BH. Went to the La. HOC rally to be around knowledgeable HL owners in case of issues the 1st time out.
Turned south off of I10 to New Iberia to give it the road test. Expected to find half of the interior on the floor after that ride.LOL After setting up I was greatly relieved to find everything as it should be. I'm talking some serious road chucks.
Passed with flying colors. It next passed the rain and wind test again with flying colors. If it doesn't leak after that continuous rain, it won't leak.
Some of the group was kind enough to point out features I didn't know about like the under Island lighting and where the switch is, how to fully retract the rear landing gear, the rear back up camera that I didn't know existed just to name a few.
In summary, Debbie and I love this new rig and so far, zero issues and all kind of pluses. How you read about some of these rigs having so many issues and problems from day one is hard for us to fathom. This is our 3rd HL product and we've had no issues that weren't self induced.
Thanks Heartland for another quality rig and thanks to the Heartland Owners Club members for the great info about our new rig. No better way to break in a new rig than being at a Heartland rally with knowledgeable people just in case of a glitch.

Pictures or it never happened! :cool:

pegmikef

Frank, you have a beautiful rig. We have had the same experience with issues for almost 24k miles in a little over two years. My only issue was the loose neutral line that ended up costing me a new convection/microwave, but that was after 20k plus miles and several trips over Louisiana "washboard" roads. I think some of the horror stories we read about on this forum are partially self inflicted because of poor PDIs and the purchasers not really paying attention to detail. The others are the exception rather than the rule considering the number of rigs manufactured by Heartland vs. the number of horror stories.

'Lil Guy'

Thanks Mike for the compliment and for the ideas in the storage bay. We were a little hesitant to spend that much money on one of the luxury models but now we both think it was money well spent. It just feels so solid and comfortable inside and the woodwork is amazing. Love the seating also. We won't look back on this purchase. Wish we would have done it the 1st time.lol Thanks again Mike and see you two down the road real soon.

buddyboy

I'll add that people who attend to small things when first noticed before they become major problems don't post here about how terrible Heartland is. We also expect things to need fixing so are prepared to do so on the fly. Happy owners ask for help, information, and advice from others not assuming they know everything. Congrats on your BH! May you have safe travels and enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Frank, I know you have a good camera, feed us at least one picture.

Peace
Dave