Bighorn gets a new GM - Tom Montague

jbeletti

Hello Heartland Owners Forum members,

A quick note to let you know that Tom Montague is taking over as GM of the Bighorn brand, replacing Kary Katzenberger who moved onto another Mfr last June.

Let's all welcome Tom to Bighorn!

GETnBYE

We met Tom at the factory tour at the national rally, he was very nice. Congrats!

Last edited:
T

TomMontague

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to my role as the GM for Big Horn & Oakmont. To answer the question - yes it's a promotion. The division is one of the largest in the company - depending on the year it can be and often is the biggest.

This is a bit of a new role for me in that I started Redwood from the ground up. I took over a brand in need with Landmark which is now LM365 and the number one selling LUXURY fifth wheel on the market and now I'm tasked with the role of basically taking a product that's doing well and making it great. I've got lots of ideas and can't wait to get going. I try to stay active on the forum as much as possible. I have three young daughters and a wife that keep me plenty busy when I get home but I will do my best to answer questions if someone asks or if nobody else has answered.

I love getting feedback from actual users so I can make better product decisions. I have some exciting news to announce in the near future about a project I'm working on with Big Horn. I think both current customers and prospective customers are going to find it a extremely helpful and if nothing else - a good idea that's long overdue and something that you haven't seen done in this industry before. That's all I saying because there is still lots to discuss before I can roll it out.

Have be a great evening and I look forward to working with everyone.

Talk soon,
Tom

Wmnmy

Welcome Tom hope you enjoy your new position we have the 3270rs and love it ..........

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Heartlands own web site lists the Bighorn as a luxury 5th wheel. That would make IT the largest selling luxury 5th wheel.

BTW we think our BH is great. In fact Heartland isn't making anything right now we would trade even for.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations on your promotion Tom. I hope you can turn the Bighorn line around. Seems like Big Country is doing so much more in some respects trying to surpass Bighorn. Since Bighorn was our product of choice back in 2006 I still feel like it needs to continue to be second to Landmark and not passed over by Big Country. We will be looking forward to see how Bighorn progresses in the next few years as we would like to downsize from our 2009 Landmark Augusta some day.

happykraut

I love getting feedback from actual users so I can make better product decisions. I have some exciting news to announce in the near future about a project I'm working on with Big Horn. I think both current customers and prospective customers are going to find it a extremely helpful and if nothing else - a good idea that's long overdue and something that you haven't seen done in this industry before. That's all I saying because there is still lots to discuss before I can roll it out.
Talk soon,
Tom
Welcome Tom to the BH side. I'm very happy with mine. Can't wait to hear the exciting news for the current costumer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I look forward to seeing what Tom does with Bighorn, as a longtime HL customer looking toward my next rig, I'm a prospective customer, so I'm watching intently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alethaj

Welcome. ...we have a 3755 FL....2015 Big Horn. I look forward to the changes you will make as this unit is lacking in a few features we would like to see in a future purchase.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratuations Tom. Just never have understood why the product lines continue to 'compete' against each other. Seems like each product line should be directed toward their own customer base. I mean if the lines get blurred too much there is no point in separate lines.

RoadJunkie

Congrats, Tom. Now, back to work...Bring back the all-metal slam doors. Integrate components (batteries,inverter, etc.) as opposed to just mounting them in storage areas. "Better" furniture! Is there a better option for long-term decals? Mine are curling and falling off. I'm looking to get a new Bighorn, maybe I'll wait to see what you got.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I agree with RoadJunkie on the decals. based on our current Landmark I am not impressed at all with the decals. If I had my way and could not afford full body paint it would be a nice alternative to have what used to be decals painted on instead. I also believe they should continue to paint the front and rear caps from now on also. My 2-cents