Bighorn gets a new GM - Tom Montague

sgtbigb

Welcome Tom I have had one Landmark and three Bighorns and I must say my current Big is the best of the four. Make it better-Great!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Congratuations Tom. Just never have understood why the product lines continue to 'compete' against each other. Seems like each product line should be directed toward their own customer base. I mean if the lines get blurred too much there is no point in separate lines.

The Big 3 learned that the hard way, especially GM.

MTPockets

Congrats, Tom. Now, back to work...Bring back the all-metal slam doors. Integrate components (batteries,inverter, etc.) as opposed to just mounting them in storage areas. "Better" furniture! Is there a better option for long-term decals? Mine are curling and falling off. I'm looking to get a new Bighorn, maybe I'll wait to see what you got.
Yep on the furniture.. We, and many others get new furniture right away.. Regarding decals; we are going on four years (as of Oct 31) and our decals/finish are as good or better than new.. We've been full time, always outside mostly in the sun and the decal material is doing great.. I apply Rejex every 10 - 12 months. Great stuff. PS - Love our 3055RL. Great size and with the upgrades we added it's been perfect! (Heavier axles, G614, Yeti, Dual Panes, Gen)

Pizzaguy

I agree the quality of the rig is great but the recliners are terrible. Other manufacturers are using Lazyboys. Can Heartland offer them as standard equipment? It would be a huge improvement!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

'Lil Guy'

Congratulations Tom and welcome. Awesome position you've acquired. I assume you have a little stroke with the Bighorn Assembly Plant. I just ordered my BH3270RS from Lone Star RV in Houston on Monday. Delivery is around the 2nd week of October. This being my 3rd HL product inside of 2 1/2 years should give me an edge here. I have a couple of rallys to attend in October so I need it by the 1st of the month. The sooner you get me in the BH, the sooner I'll get tired of it and go on up to the Landmark. How about flexing a little muscle here and help me out. I cook the meat for the breakfast at these rallys and there are going to be a lot of people there. If I have to attend in the 'Lil Guy', they'll only get 1 slice of bacon each because I can't haul enough meat in my current rig. So, in conclusion, if I could get my new BH in by the 1st of October I'll be able to haul the meat required to feed these Heartland owners and also be able to get some hands on training on how to use this new rig.
Mr. Montague, you need to help me. Just between you and me, I'm tired of being ridiculed showing up at these rallys with the smallest rig. Make X-Mas come early and help me out. I'd do it for you.

In case you can't make this happen, I guess I'll understand. Won't like it but I'll understand.
BTW, is there anyone else I can bird dog to get this thing a little early? Thanks in advance. I'm sure this post is going to speed up my delivery.lol
Again, congratulations.

Bones

Congratulations Tom and welcome. Awesome position you've acquired. I assume you have a little stroke with the Bighorn Assembly Plant. I just ordered my BH3270RS from Lone Star RV in Houston on Monday. Delivery is around the 2nd week of October. This being my 3rd HL product inside of 2 1/2 years should give me an edge here. I have a couple of rallys to attend in October so I need it by the 1st of the month. The sooner you get me in the BH, the sooner I'll get tired of it and go on up to the Landmark. How about flexing a little muscle here and help me out. I cook the meat for the breakfast at these rallys and there are going to be a lot of people there. If I have to attend in the 'Lil Guy', they'll only get 1 slice of bacon each because I can't haul enough meat in my current rig. So, in conclusion, if I could get my new BH in by the 1st of October I'll be able to haul the meat required to feed these Heartland owners and also be able to get some hands on training on how to use this new rig.
Mr. Montague, you need to help me. Just between you and me, I'm tired of being ridiculed showing up at these rallys with the smallest rig. Make X-Mas come early and help me out. I'd do it for you.

In case you can't make this happen, I guess I'll understand. Won't like it but I'll understand.
BTW, is there anyone else I can bird dog to get this thing a little early? Thanks in advance. I'm sure this post is going to speed up my delivery.lol
Again, congratulations.
I think you can just put it in the back of the truck with all that extra room and load capacity. :cool:

Amen to better furniture! We bought a 2015 Bighorn 3670RS. In two months the recliners came apart at the seams. Replacement recliners were sent from Heartland. However they sent gray recliners which do not match our brown decor. Instead of trying to match our interior colors they have sent a gray sofa somewhere - hasn't made it to our dealer yet. This is our second Bighorn. I am hoping for changes with Tom!

mharnden

Hello and congratulations Tom on your Bighorn leadership role! As perspective Bighorn buyers (planning for a 2016 or 2017 3160 Elite), we are quite interested in your 8/20/2015 comment stating "I have some exciting news to announce in the near future about a project I am working on with Bighorn". Did I miss the announcement or is it still pending?

Regards,
Mike Harnden

T

TomMontague

Thanks for the note and inquiry. You haven't missed anything yet. I'm busy working through all the changes my predecessor implemented. Hopefully soon I will get to proto some of the things that I want to happen.

Keep watching...

Thanks,
Tom

Kbvols

Hurry up Tom ....I have money burning a hole in my pocket....ok I am lying but we are looking to upgrade. Interested to see what's to come. I like the creative floor plans of some of the BC's but like the luxury of the BH...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sgtbigb

Tom, wow you have a lot work to do, l love my 2016 Bignorn 3750 FL. Can not amagine you making it better:angel:

CoveredWagon

Ok I've got to jump in too.

Congratulations Tom. ;)

We WILL be ordering a 3010re in January. We love it as is don't mess with it. Just please make sure the QC is spot on. To me QC is one of the most important things in a new purchase. I don't like excuses.I can accept a lot of things but not poor quality. We were all set to order (dare I mention Montana here) but because of QC and changes made between the 2016 and 2017 we stopped. At that time we were going to give up on the idea of purchasing an Rv for summer living. April at Lakeshore showed us the Bighorn and we were sold just that quick.

Again congrats and good luck,
Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodies1

Thanks for the note and inquiry. You haven't missed anything yet. I'm busy working through all the changes my predecessor implemented. Hopefully soon I will get to proto some of the things that I want to happen.

Keep watching...

Thanks,
Tom

Hello Tom, just dropping a line to see if you took any of my suggestions seriously from our meeting at the 2016 Hershey show,My name is Stan and I showed you a number of mods I have done to my Bighorn and gave you
A list of more upgrades that would put Bighorn dam close to the top, not the Landmark but well ahead of Heartlands other lines.I trust we will see these improvements in the upcoming models.

Last edited:

wdk450

Hello Tom, just dropping a line to see if you took any of my suggestions seriously from our meeting at the 2026 Hersey show,My name is Stan and I showed you a number of mods I have done to my Bighorn and gave you
A list of more upgrades that would put Bighorn dam close to the top, not the Landmark but well ahead of Heartlands other lines.I trust we will see these improvements in the upcoming models.

"2026 Hersey Show" ? Back from the future from somewhere I don't know - "Hersey (not "Hershey")??

rhodies1

Maybe a flux capacitor was one of the Bighorn upgrades he did . . . :D

Suggestions I passed on to Tom as upgrades to the Bighorn line ,,,

1 - install back up lights.
2 - put hydraulic rams on front compartment door with slam latch.
3 - install micro switches on compartment doors to activate interior lights when door open,better set up than motion sensors ,motion sensors will be on and off constantly with equipment movement in compartments.
4 - make disc brakes and option on Bighorn.
5 - install 3rd brake light on unit.
6 - install front hitch light.
7- wet bolt kits as option on suspension
8- complete water filtration system
9- led marker lights
10 - make Trail Air / Mor Ride hitch etc factory option

Just some options that would allow buyers to select upgrades at factory level versus after the fact.I have added a lot of these items to my unit already and will upgrade others as time permits.

carl.swoyer

In 2011 I ordered a brand new 2012 Redwood fifth wheel. During my acceptance/ delivery inspection i refused delivery. To many major problems. Not little problems but big problems. After I refused delivery, Tom Montague called us. This man became immediately insulting to my wife. He was belittling. He referred to my decision to purchase a heartland product a joke. I found this man very rude. Thanks Tom Montague for the opportunity to welcome you to the Heartland family! A company that always treated myself and my wife with courtesy and the highest level of respect.
Congratulations Tom on your promotion!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk