Bighorn MSRP

jbeletti

Re: Bighorn Special Builds - 30-October-2015

Hi joe I know the Hersey show and the dealer show in Elkhart is going on this week and next. Do you have the updated sheets for the 2017 Bighorns? Thanks

I just sent a request into Corp. I'll post the latest BH MSRP as soon as I get it :)

rono

Re: Bighorn Special Builds - 30-October-2015

Thanks Jim. We were just up in Elkhart last week and toured the factory last Mon. New stuff is great but told Adam that we didn't like the new paneling behind the head board and also didn't like the headboard. New appliances are awesome.

Last edited:

rono

Thx Jim for the new sheets!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim have one other question. Are there any pics of the new body paint seems they have changed the name? Or are they the same color schemes as the old?

jbeletti

Thx Jim for the new sheets!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim have one other question. Are there any pics of the new body paint seems they have changed the name? Or are they the same color schemes as the old?

Sorry, I don't know about the colors. Hoping Tom will jump in here with the answer on Monday.

mharnden

Bighorn and Bighorn Traveler MSRPs have been added to post #1 of this thread.

Good to see the updated Bighorn MSRP Pricing Sheet. Thank you. You noted that there are no more Special Builds sheets.
30-Sep-2016
I've attached the current MSRP sheet for Bighorn and Bighorn Traveler
There are no more Special Builds sheets being published for ​Bighorn

We will be ordering a Model 3160 EL soon and, among other upgrades, were planning to order our trailer with the upgraded brakes/axles to improve the braking performance. Does no Special Builds sheet equal no brake upgrades available from Bighorn?

Mike Harnden

Nuclearcowboy

Thanks Jim, I think I found my answers over in the full body paint vs decals thread.
I posted that a while back - it is what was sent to us by Heartland when we ordered our BH. Sorry it is not a better copy. I did notice that some areas of Heartland's website were updated in the past day or so - the BH site shows the new front logo.

One thing I was wondering about on the new MSRP sheet was the two option packages, "King Of The Mountain" and "Bighorn Premier Package". They both have a X indicated they are selected with the option price already on the sheet. Does this mean they are mandatory options? If so, that doesn't make it very optional, does it? :) I don't mind as I would probably pick up those options anyway but was just wondering about them.

Bohemian

One thing I was wondering about on the new MSRP sheet was the two option packages, "King Of The Mountain" and "Bighorn Premier Package". They both have a X indicated they are selected with the option price already on the sheet. Does this mean they are mandatory options? If so, that doesn't make it very optional, does it? :) I don't mind as I would probably pick up those options anyway but was just wondering about them.

Both are mandatory "options".

Well I wonder what the various state and federal consumer protection agencies think about this practice, and I'm not just talking Heartland. I see various RV manufacturers with mandatory "options" seemingly as a way to increase the price of the rig without increasing the advertised base price. If it is indeed advertised as an option, then the buyer should have a way of opting out of that "option", besides not buying the rig itself :)

danemayer

It's not just to present a "starting at" price. Structuring the product this way gives manufacturers a lot of flexibility.

Over time, there may be a need to add packages that have different content. Using forced options allows the base model/floor plan to more easily change in response to customer wants and competitive moves.

And sometimes large resellers want a customized product that doesn't have the forced options, or has a customized package.

mharnden

The forced "options" also allows the manufacture to post lower base dry weights and higher cargo carrying capacities than are real to the consumer. As an example, the Bighorn 3160 Elite is listed with a dry weight of 12,015 pounds and a gross weight of 15,500 pounds, giving it a perceived cargo capacity of 3,485 pounds. The actual delivered dry weight listed on the trailer, with the forced options included, will be somewhat higher. Therefore, the cargo capacity will be less than what is expected. This becomes a big issue as the weight of other factory options are added, such as a generator, etc. and other items that may be added later on, such as a washer and dryer, a larger battery bank, perhaps a solar charging system, etc. Once the trailer is set up there is not much cargo capacity left for water, food, clothes, and general rv/camping gear. This pushes the consumer to be diligent when shopping for a new trailer.

Bighorn, Help us out,
Mike Harnden

Restofrank

We have talking about wanting to order a 2018 3270RS and we would like to get a few options on it like full body paint, dinette awning, power cord real, coffers ceiling and generator prep.
I read somewhere on this site that if you can get 30% off MSRP that a great deal any thoughts on that.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Seems that pricing can be all over the place. It depends on time of year, current economy, whether the dealer want to move stock or the moon phase.
I bought two rigs from the same dealer, got almost 40% off the first on but couldn't come close to that on the second one.
It boils down to what you are satisfied with.

Peace
Dave

Restofrank

Seems that pricing can be all over the place. It depends on time of year, current economy, whether the dealer want to move stock or the moon phase.
I bought two rigs from the same dealer, got almost 40% off the first on but couldn't come close to that on the second one.
It boils down to what you are satisfied with.

Peace
Dave

It looks like there's a lot of room in the pricing in buying a new trailer. I have been searching on the web for new trailers and I have noticed that the pricing is all over the place. It seems that the best prices are In the Michigan area like 35% off. I live California and the pricing is much higher.
Thank,
Frank