Blowmax owners group

Kbvols

Blown tires can be saved for "sacrificial" burning at Rally's...the National rally would serve up a huge Bon fire. All of course to be lite by the BOG.

Grey Ghost

I like the idea of Hash marks for blown tire, that would be interesting and a tire burning could become a yearly ritual, I also thing burning a life like figure of the president of the company would be great. Each unit should also proudly fly a flag with a picture of a tire that is Xed out that shows a huge bulge in the side wall, that would be a nice touch!

BobX2

I won't be a member of the Blowmax owners group as I put a set of Carlisles on shortly after the purchase of my Sundance XLT. Stepped up from LR D to LR E, so I'm feeling relatively secure. This is one owners group I have no desire to be a part of. ;)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I still have my BlowMax's . . . one more campout to go with them!

I'm about ready to pop for a new truck (hopefully by the end of this week), so I'm saving my nickles & dimes for that right now!

Over the winter I will get the Blowmax's replaced with something else.

2014 Cyclone 3110. Just signed up here to do research on these PowerKing Towmax tires. The day before I was leaving for a trip, a friend called me telling me about his friend with a similar rig who had two tires blow and thousands of dollars damage (last I heard someone is replacing 5 tires and paying for coach damage, not sure if Heartland or TireCompany). Anyway I checked mine and tire looked odd. I decided to swap to spare and when I removed the tire I realized the back of tire was all blown up. I have to believe it would have blow on the trip. I am so lucky my friend called they day before I left. Clearly there is a problem with at least some of these tires. We both have the same tires ST235/80R16. He blew two in travel and says both of his other ones are starting to look like mine too. Local tire place called it "Tire Separating". Mine is at RV dealership now so hoping Heartland is going to step up to the plate here. ................

Trying to add a PIC here of tire, but it appears to only allow a PIC from a URL???????? Can anyone tell me how to add a JPG from my local drive here??????

Last edited by a moderator:

ncrzrbk

Hate to say it but I joined this club 4 weeks ago. Changed the tires but camper is still having work finished on it. So far, Heartland is helping with labor on changing the springs and lippert replaced the springs even though camper was out of warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tallyrver

The sad thing is ,I've only had the rv for less than six months. It's a 2014 and I have towed it for less than 4,000 miles . Always kept the pressure at 80 psi .I'm thankful there was very little damage. I feel violated and need some support.

Wayne

Jim.Allison

I feel your pain brother.

The sad thing is ,I've only had the rv for less than six months. It's a 2014 and I have towed it for less than 4,000 miles . Always kept the pressure at 80 psi .I'm thankful there was very little damage. I feel violated and need some support.

Wayne

ILH

Wayne

We're working on a membership badge (either to be worn in shame or held high with pride). That's about it.... ;)

JohnD

Trying to add a PIC here of tire, but it appears to only allow a PIC from a URL???????? Can anyone tell me how to add a JPG from my local drive here??????

Yes!

When posting, click on the 'Go Advanced' posting button, type your text, then put the cursor where you want to place the photo, then scroll the page down to below the Icons under the posting window and you'll see a button that says 'Manage Attachments'.

Click on that, and this will now allow you to upload your photos for use here in the forums.

First, make the window full screen.

Once you have uploaded the photos you want, you'll need to drag them to the bottom left of the page, and when you are ready, click on 'Insert Inline' at the bottom right of the page.

I'll do some here:

Camping11MileSmall-IMG_0420.jpg SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg SandDunes-IMGP1114.jpg SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg MesaVerde-P8187307.jpg

And then we can click on the photo(s) and see them larger.

caissiel

I was in conversation with my tire man this week and he informed me that he was told to watch out for repairs around st tires. He knows of two cases of tires blowing on the unit while working on the trailer. One the person had broken arm and face lacerations.
He was not surprised when he mentioned it.

Jim.Allison

Thats weird, so I guess that they will have to use tire cages to inflate st tires, heck they are blowing before they get mounted. LOL. I wonder how Dynamic Tire will try to fade that one away. They will probably have to make a different form letter.

JeromyS

I guess I get an honorary membership to the blowmax club. My trailer was shipped back to heartland for repairs, had a blow out on the way there, it was shipped back and on the way the other tire blew (so that's 2 blowmax down). Oh and my trailer was hit by a semi during return delivery. Needless to say I am currently driving from WA state to IN to pick the unit up myself and to look at repairs +ensure the new g114 tires are put on before I leave.

Jim.Allison

OMG, we feel your pain..........
I guess I get an honorary membership to the blowmax club. My trailer was shipped back to heartland for repairs, had a blow out on the way there, it was shipped back and on the way the other tire blew (so that's 2 blowmax down). Oh and my trailer was hit by a semi during return delivery. Needless to say I am currently driving from WA state to IN to pick the unit up myself and to look at repairs +ensure the new g114 tires are put on before I leave.

ILH

Oh and my trailer was hit by a semi during return delivery.

What did they do - give you the keys and suggest you give them a burial in the back yard? I mean TWO blowouts and an accident.... I thought I had it bad!

JeromyS

No heartland suggested the unit be returned to Elkhart again to be repaired. I told them to hold it there and I will come pick it up as I will care about my unit unlike the cheapest transport company. So I am now in Minnesota. Only 639 more miles to go.

ILH

I think I still would have had them deliver it - after all, if anything more happens, it is their responsibility. Now it is yours.

JohnD

No heartland suggested the unit be returned to Elkhart again to be repaired. I told them to hold it there and I will come pick it up as I will care about my unit unlike the cheapest transport company. So I am now in Minnesota. Only 639 more miles to go.

It is a crying shame that many people these days don't take pride in their work anymore . . .

Seems that some only care about the immediate paycheck.

JeromyS

I agree. When I got on site it was clear the driver hit something and that it wasn't a semi at all (a semi would have ripped the back off had it hit where the damage is). Anyway I can report back that G114's are amazing! Have them installed and put my first 2200 miles on them on the return trip home. No issues what so ever. I know they are a chunk of change, but not being stranded or worrying about being stranded on the side of the freeway with the family sitting in the truck waiting for the Good Sam guy to come replace the tire (or worse yet waiting for me to replace the tire) is well worth that investment.