Bolts used to attach underbelly

Oregon_Camper

Going to be helping a buddy wires some reverse lights to the back of his Bighorn, which will require removing the bolts that hold up the underbelly.

Now, I broke a few of mine when doing this on my Bighorn, even though I used an impact wrench. I am guessing a few of his will also break off too.

Anyone know where to get some replacements? Amazon link? Guessing these are self tapping?

NYSUPstater

Buddy of mine just had recent welding shop do some work on his crossmembers for his fresh water tank on a Raptor. No welding was done on frame itself. He said tho when he removed the Coraplast that some of the screws were 2" and others not. Went onto say it was a PITA to remove and roll it up out of the shops way. IMO, who one rather would you use 2" screws in the 1st place????

Flick

Buddy of mine just had recent welding shop do some work on his crossmembers for his fresh water tank on a Raptor. No welding was done on frame itself. He said tho when he removed the Coraplast that some of the screws were 2" and others not. Went onto say it was a PITA to remove and roll it up out of the shops way. IMO, who one rather would you use 2" screws in the 1st place????

If I was to replace screws holding up my coroplast, I would use a #8 or #10 x 1” long self drilling metal screw with the fender washer that was suggested. One inch is a little easier to work with than the 3/4 and I certainly wouldn’t use a 2” screw. Also, I would be very careful to verify that if a screw is placed in a new location, that there is nothing above it like wiring or piping.

wdk450

I have found that many of these self-drilling, self tapping, screws go into the hard, thick, metal I beams. The self-drilling screws I had were not up to this challenge, and pilot holes had to be drilled first.

Short-Bed-Dually

Going to be helping a buddy wires some reverse lights to the back of his Bighorn, which will require removing the bolts that hold up the underbelly.

Now, I broke a few of mine when doing this on my Bighorn, even though I used an impact wrench. I am guessing a few of his will also break off too.

Anyone know where to get some replacements? Amazon link? Guessing these are self tapping?

Do you have a picture of your reverse lights installed?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do you have a picture of your reverse lights installed?

Here is what I did. They work great.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=530862&viewfull=1#post530862

This picture is after I swapped out the black ones with white.

816a55ae23a6fe2af99189c96c8b89d2.jpg