Booking Reservations for Florida Keys?!?!

We have already booked and planned our trip for 2012. But, I am looking to get ready for 2014. My plan is to do some camping in the fla Keys,
I am not a full timer yet, But am able to take time off. For our 2014 trip I was looking into camping @ John Pennekamp SP and Bahia Honda SP, I realize that reservations are made 11 months in advance. No problem........But are there any tricks or facts I need to know....I want to stay 2 wks in each place, however, looking at the reservation site, the days come avalible day by day. So do I make a reservation every day as it becomes
avalible or wait till the end date and make a 2 wk reservation all at once. I am concerned that I would have to deal with someone making a week-end reservation on the site we are on and having to move, or find other arrangements......
Has anyone made any reservation in these parks?:confused:

olcoon

About 3 winters ago a friend of DW got married & she wanted to be married on the beach in Key West. We stayed in Marathon in I think the Jolly Roger RV Park, it was a PA park, we were there in Dec. before Christmas & got the PA rate. Don't know anything about the rest of the campgrounds down there.

You have enlightened me.... Upon investigating I found a few Clubs that offer 50% discounts. I would like more information (Pro/Con) concerning these clubs. Why would I choose one over the other, Has anyone had any problems using any of these clubs.....I would love Input!

jayc

Legendary Member
Chestnut3333, we have used Passport America a lot and have enjoyed our membership. In fact, we are staying in a nice park, concrete with full hookups for $18 a night. Single night rates are the most expensive.

We will be renewing next when our time comes up.

olcoon

We've had a membership to Passport America for 3 years now, and even using it for an overnight stay while on the road it's paid for itself! Then when we stay longer, we get a big bonus!!!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I have had Passport America for 5 years or so, and never had a problem. In fact some parks have honored my card on weekends or other restricted days. I have learned to ask for the Passport America discount no matter when I arrive. I, too, think it is a good value.

readytohitheroad

I was wondering the same thing as the reservation system would not seem to work to well if one had to do it day by day?

I hope someone answers your thread

buckeyebob

i was in the keys in feb 2013,john pennekamp didnt impress me,bahia honda seemed nicer.we toured jolly roger and it seemed real nice.passport america works there,however most parks blackout pa during peak season.it will pay for itself in one visit.44 bucks a year!!!we stayed in marathon for a week and checked a lot of parks.some were trailer parks ,one by 7 mile bridge was 2600 for a month!!!stacked like sardines.jolly rodger was nicest we saw for the money.