Branson, Mo

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Looking for an RV part in Branson, Mo. We have stayed at the KOA and America's Best parks, but looking to try other parks. Has anyone stayed at Wilderness CG near Silver Dollar City or Branson's Ozark Counry CG? I have check the reviews at rvparkreviews.com. Main concern is do they accommodate 42ft rigs? Thanks for the info.

danemayer

Hi Tom,

If you're going before temps drop below freezing, you might check out Table Rock State Park. We wanted to stay at the state park, but ended up across the street at Stagecoach Campground. Table Rock has one loop with heated water risers and one without. The heated area was full and temps were projected to get below freezing. So we opted for the commercial park. But we rode our bikes through and Table Rock looked like a really nice place to stay.

Stagecoach is at least as good as ABC in my opinion and our 39' rig fit without any difficulty.

Both are just south of the Branson Belle location - about 15 minutes out of town.

brianlajoie

We stayed at Ozark Country CG. Close to town. We liked it, but not the weather. Stayed at the end of August and it was hot and humid. We would stay there again.

olcoon

Tom,
I'm thinking we've stayed at Ozark Country, & it was a nice park, out of the hustle & bustle of the strip, but close enough to about anything. The only other one we've stayed at, other than the ones you mentioned is Indian Point. It's a COE park, that means cheap, but it's not FHU, if I remember right, only elec., possibly water, but I don't think so. We really like it there it we aren't staying over a week. Nice campsites, not on top of your neighbor & if you are interested in Silver Dollar City, it's just down the road.

aRAYwego

We just returned from a week and a half in Branson. We stayed at Cooper Creek RV Resort. We had a great time. Fritz (owner) was amazing. She put us in site 1 which was perfect except for 1 thing. The sewer connection was a bit uphill. She has done a bunch of improvements to the park such as new elect and sewer. It is right on Lake Taneycomo (a premier trout lake) and the lake was right out the back of our site. Really cool when the fog rose off the water every night. Don't freak out when pulling in, its a little tight but opens up once you're in. We rented a fishing boat from her and fished off the docks.
cooper creek rv resort.jpgThe view of our camp from the dock.
Cooper creek.jpgFog starting to build.
thumbnail_IMG_20160809_154156.jpgView of the lake and docks from camp.
thumbnail_IMG_20160809_155308.jpgThis is half of the slips.

When we checked in, I picked up some bait, soda and a few odds n ends. She asked if I wanted to just run a tab. I said sure. In fact I rented a boat, grabbed several bags of ice, and had the site rent and didn't pay a dime until ready to leave. Made everything very easy. Any other questions, just ask.

On a side note, We also rented a boat from Table Rock State Park because I wanted to go for some warm water fish also. Very nice people and very organized operation at the docks. Though they were pretty expensive, was worth the experience.