Broken slide room gear

travlingman

On my kitchen slide, had a tooth break off on the gear. Haven't taken apart yet, but looks like a 15 tooth gear. From all I have saw, look likes the same used on most Heartlands. Is this the gear evreyone ordered when they replaced theirs? https://store.lci1.com/15-tooth-spur-gear-10-dp-20-pa-328044.html

This doesn't look like that hard a fix. If you have done it, am I missing something? I figure let slide out, make sure both sides evenly out, lift up slide enough to raise rack, take bolt out of drive shaft while marking to make sure to put back in same location, loosen bolts holding gear pack, pull out shaft, drop gear and replace with new. Reverse disaasembly to put back together. Have I missed anything?

Reason I ask if I am missing something is local dealer wants around $500 bucks to fix. I don't see it. He is quoting close to 3 hours labor. Did it take you this long? Thanks for the help in advance.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You got it !!
Its really easy. You might have to drop It down and move it a tooth one way or the other to get both sides timed evenly. But it is a piece of cake.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wdk450

On my kitchen slide, had a tooth break off on the gear. Haven't taken apart yet, but looks like a 15 tooth gear. From all I have saw, look likes the same used on most Heartlands. Is this the gear evreyone ordered when they replaced theirs? https://store.lci1.com/15-tooth-spur-gear-10-dp-20-pa-328044.html

This doesn't look like that hard a fix. If you have done it, am I missing something? I figure let slide out, make sure both sides evenly out, lift up slide enough to raise rack, take bolt out of drive shaft while marking to make sure to put back in same location, loosen bolts holding gear pack, pull out shaft, drop gear and replace with new. Reverse disaasembly to put back together. Have I missed anything?

Reason I ask if I am missing something is local dealer wants around $500 bucks to fix. I don't see it. He is quoting close to 3 hours labor. Did it take you this long? Thanks for the help in advance.

This manual from our library should help. See page 12.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ippert Hydraulic-Slide-out-Service-Manual.pdf

JMP

I just replaced the rear kitchen slide gear roller a couple weeks ago because the gear and slide arm was not aligned. I purchased the entire 2.0X2.5 15 gear roller package from the Lippert website. (The right slide gear roller on mine is a 2.0X2.0) To remove and install the gear roller package, I had to bring the kitchen slide in a bit (about 5-7 inches) to get some upward movement of the slide. I used a 2X4 piece of wood and a jack. It took me about 45 min to complete the task. Good luck.

travlingman

Thanks for the replies. Got the gear on the way. Hopefully no issues putting it on. Will let you know how it goes.

JMP

I just replaced the rear kitchen slide gear roller a couple weeks ago because the gear and slide arm was not aligned. I purchased the entire 2.0X2.5 15 gear roller package from the Lippert website. (The right slide gear roller on mine is a 2.0X2.0) To remove and install the gear roller package, I had to bring the kitchen slide in a bit (about 5-7 inches) to get some upward movement of the slide. I used a 2X4 piece of wood and a jack. It took me about 45 min to complete the task. Good luck.

I re-read my post this AM and noticed I made an error. I am re-posting part of my message to correct my error: replace 2.0X2.5 gear roller package with 2.5X2.5 gear roller package. My bad.

travlingman

The rain finally stopped long enough for me to work on replacing the gear today. It took me longer to get everything together to work on it than to replace the gear. Everything working well after replacement, timing seems to be correct. Thanks for the help.