Brought Home our new ER34QSRL Today - Have a couple of questions

Cimriver

:)Towed it the 60 miles from the dealer to our home. It really pulled great with our TV. Seemed so much more pleasant than our previous fifth-wheel even though it is 7 feet longer and weighs about 1400 lbs. more.

I did a fairly thorough PDI yesterday, but have a couple of questions I couldn't figure out. I was hoping to get them answered at today's walk thru, but it seemed like I knew more about the RV than the tech doing the walk thru. This is a new line for the dealer, so probably the tech just hadn't learned all of the details about the Elkridge line.

Here are my questions. I couldn't locate a siphon hose for winterizing the RV. The tech told me that there isn't one. Is this correct? If not where is the siphon hose?

The tech told me to use the low point drains to empty the fresh water holding tank. This doesn't seem right. I think I may have spotted the drain near the holding tank outlet on the side opposite the door. It was getting late so I didn't try it. I will tomorrow. Does this sound like the where the drain should be.

I did find the hot water heater bypass. To get to it I had to crawl up into the basement storage area and take a panel with 4 screws off. Not the most convenient placement. I think this is something Heartland should work on a little bit, but not a big deal.

We are so very pleased with the Elkridge. My 3.5 hour PDI revealed three very minor items that my dealer took care immediately.

Looking forward to the maiden voyage. Leaving Wednesday for Dead Horse Point State Park near Moab, Utah. Can't wait!

2010augusta

I couldn't locate a siphon hose for winterizing the RV. The tech told me that there isn't one. Is this correct? If not where is the siphon hose?
I believe that the hose is stored behind the panel that you removed to get to the by-pass valve.

The tech told me to use the low point drains to empty the fresh water holding tank. This doesn't seem right. I think I may have spotted the drain near the holding tank outlet on the side opposite the door. It was getting late so I didn't try it. I will tomorrow. Does this sound like the where the drain should be.
tank drain should be near the axles on the ODS.

I did find the hot water heater bypass. To get to it I had to crawl up into the basement storage area and take a panel with 4 screws off. Not the most convenient placement. I think this is something Heartland should work on a little bit, but not a big deal.
That is the location on some trailers, the Big Horns and Landmarks and maybe some others have a valve in the UDC.

Enjoy your new trailer and have fun in Moab. I used to go every year for spring break with my jeep.

olcoon

:)
I couldn't locate a siphon hose for winterizing the RV. The tech told me that there isn't one. Is this correct? If not where is the siphon hose?QUOTE]

Cimriver,
We've got an Elk Ridge a 27RLSS, haven't picked it up yet, but I was at the dealer the other day when they going through it to check everything out. Inside the basement of ours is a small panel on the wall that can be removed. Behind that was a siphon tube to winterize the rig with. The tech I was talking to said he thought it was easier to remove the screws on the side wall & pull it out far enouth to access the tube, also if I remember right there were some valves behind there that you had to turn to winterize it. If I remember right, this area was just behind the UDC. He also said that they give you too much tubing, and he usualy cuts some of it off. Hope this helps!

Hope you enjoy it, and don't run across too many problems! Hopefully we'll be getting ours this week.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Congrats on the new rig. I brought the same model home just a couple of weeks ago and agree with you on the bypass placement, could be a little easier to get to. This unit seems to be a great value after about a year of looking and comparing with sob's. the siphon is in that compartment with the the bypasses. can't wait to get mine out and do a few mods