Buzzing sound from water heater

GWRam

At our campground our neighbors in their torque have a buzzing water heater. heater seems to work fine. buzzing can be heard inside coach but is loudest when outside and exterior water heater panel is removed. Any Idea what would cause this,
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had a buzzing sound from our hot water heater in our last rig. Not a loud buzzing. Very light. Could only here it when it was quiet. Only when using electric. Pulled the heating element out and found it had a layer of calcium built up on it. Must have been some harsh water at a campground and it sat in the tank for a few weeks in between uses. Replaced it and the noise was gone. Don't know if it sounds like the same thing or not? Good luck.

hoefler

When on electric, you can here a sizzle when it is heating, normal. All electric water heaters do it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When on electric, you can here a sizzle when it is heating, normal. All electric water heaters do it.

Yes, I hear that also, especially noticeable if I'm standing at the UDC. Inside, it's barely audible unless I'm in the bathroom (which is directly over the water heater). Water's hot, I'm happy.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
Replaced the check valve on back of HWH last summer in our 2011 BH 3670 while in Washington state due to a leak. Replaced it with a brass unit from a RV dealership parts dept and have had a slight buzz when using the hot water since that day. The buzz is slightly noticeable from the bathroom and almost unnoticeable in the rest of the unit. Since it doesn't affect the operation we just live with it (hardly notice it anymore). I've since replaced the anode rod and heating element with no change in the buzz. Hope this helps.