Camground in Florida Ocean/Gulf Front

MdMike

I am looking for input into campgrounds in Florida that are either Ocean Front or Gulf Front. Anyone have any ideas for a great private park that is child friendly and right on the beach, or at least beachfront? I appreciate your responses. We are heading there in early April.

cashb

Red Coconut, ft. myers beach, spaces are extremely tight. Hanna Park, Jacksonville beach, not directly on beach but across parking lot. Destin State Park, across from beach.

cashb

Anastasia State Park, haven't stayed there yet cause it stays reserved, but maybe you can get lucky.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
If you want the gulfcoast, there are three that I would recommend:
Destin -Destin RV resort in Miramar Beach
San Destin - Camp On The Gulf
East. Of Destin -TOPS'L State Preserve.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
A number of people have talked about liking Top Sail but it is a state park. Not sure how long you can stay there.

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
7525-W CR 30A
Santa Rosa Beach FL 32459
(800)326-3521

One thing you might check out is RV Park Reviews? That can give you some great information about campgrounds.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I haven't experienced any of the FL State Parks yet but from what I determined, there is no length of stay restrictions but sites are reserved well in advance. It's near impossible to find a suitable seasonal site. Short term campers may have better luck.

cheska

We just stayed 21 days in Jetty park in Cape canaveral, we were there during Sandy. They have really upgraded the park from a few years ago.
The beach is with in easy 2 block walk from the park. They have a playground for the little ones. Plus you can walk on the jetty. We saw lots of
sea turtles, dolphins, and a short drive to the locks had manatee every time we went. Also the cruise ships sail right by next to the park. We think
this is now one of our favorite parks.

donr827

The last that I heard that the maximum stay at a Florida state park is 14 days. I could be wrong on this because this was several years ago. Most of the Florida state parks are not looking to accommodate long term snow birds.
Don

Birchwood

Most snowbirds are leaving for home in early April so availability should be ok.We are at Emerald Beach RV resort in
in Navarre Florida and we are on the beach and the cost is less than Topsail at Destin.

in the Gulf of Florida Try St. George Island, IT is Beautiful, this is a state park, but we saw lots of RV parks right on the Water on our way there. But we absolutely fell in love with this little Island. We also stayed at Anastasia Beach State Park On the Atlantic side, It was nice but the sites are a little tight getting into. We LOVED St. George !

jimtoo

Hi bsackettkc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hope you have a good time ant the beach and make lots of great memories with your Bighorn.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M