Camping world of calera alabama

We just bought a new 2013 north trail 29 bdss about a month ago. Before we bought we noticed that one of the dinette cushions had a tear in it and one of the cabinet doors had a chunk missing out of the wood. We were assured it would all be taken care of before we picked up the unit. Well of course it wasnt. Salesman said it was all on order from heartland. We went ahead and took delivery since we had a trip coming up the following week. I get the unit home and the dang key for the storage compartments doesn't work. I go back to camping world. It's an hours drive from my house. Salesman gives me another key and says it will work. Of course it doesn't. And now the guy want even return my phone call!!! And today I notice the storage compartment that I can't get open is not even flush with the side of the camper at the bottom. If I ever get another day off I'm taking the unit back to get this all taken care of. Still haven't heard a thing about the cushion or the cabinet door and it's been a month since it's been supposedly ordered!!! Other than that, we love the camper!!

danemayer

Hi Jeremynheidi,

Congratulations on the new North Trail. I'm sure it'll be lots of fun.

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if parts are actually on order and when they might arrive. Then you can have a more meaningful discussion with the dealer. You'll probably need to coordinate repairs with the service manager rather than with the salesman.

I have been using Caleria for service of my 2013 Key Largo for the past 6 or 7 months now. Your story sounds a lot like my dealings with Camping World. I'm not sure any of the Camping World locations are any better than the other. I did send an e mail to Marcus Lemonds, CEO of Camping World, and got a very quick response. You might try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
My neighbor bought SOB from Camping World in N. Little Rock, Ar. and he had the same horror story with his dealings. Made many trips to the shop to get things fixed and never got complete satisfaction from them up until he traded it off. I have heard many stories in dealing with camping world. Their customer service is terrible. My own opinion, I would never deal with them. Jeremy, I would contact Heartland and explain everything you have gone thru and I'm sure they can help. Good luck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service and have them set you up with another independant service center to have your repairs done. Maybe they can find you one closer to home. HL might even send you the door and cushion and you can replace them yourself. HL is good that way.

dave10a

I purchased my trailer from Camping World and found that to be one my life's big mistakes. I will say the Camping World is good at renewing member ship every time you buy something regardless when it expires. In fact some stores get really pushy about if you say no-- I think they call that high pressure sales technique. I now only buy from them when I need something quick and WalMart does not have it. Otherwise I buy more expensive stuff on the Internet-- and save a lot money :)

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I tried to buy my first BH from camping world and couldn't deal with them. Went to another dealer in north Arkansas and bought from Great escapes RV center and saved 8000.00. They act like they are the only RV store in the country. Like Dave10a I don't buy anything from Camping world.

GeneF

Similar story on parts being ordered. Really don't know who is at fault but my tt was at CampingWorld for 5 months this time and three months the previous time. CampingWorld says Heartland is slow on shipping. My experiences at two CampingWords have been very negative and one excellent. It seems that it is very difficult, today, to find a repair facitlity that will do the job right the first time and make excuses as to why the job is being delayed or not done correctly. After five months, I got the tt back and was really happy, then I noticed three screws missing and a gasket not replaced so I have to haul the tt 50 miles to get that taken care of. Just discouraging working with campingworld.

Mark-Mullin

I believe a lot of trailer sales and repair facilities order parts
and get the factory to put the parts in a new unit they have ordered,
so they save on shipping costs at the customers expense.
Putting the blame on factory when in reality it is themselves
who are at fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I believe a lot of trailer sales and repair facilities order parts
and get the factory to put the parts in a new unit they have ordered,
so they save on shipping costs at the customers expense.
Putting the blame on factory when in reality it is themselves
who are at fault.

My dealership just kept pretending to do some warranty repairs and never really did some of them.

Now that the warranty is up . . . they are willing to charge me to fix these very same issues that were supposed to have been fixed THREE TIMES while it was still under warranty . . . but weren't. :mad:

I'll bet Heartland paid them for these warranty repairs, though!

One would think that they would hold these dealerships responsible for the repairs they are paying them to do. :confused:

tmcran

I'm somewhat surprised to see the number of people still buying from CW . Perhaps they have a good sales staff but service is very lacking. I have had very good dealer repair at reasonable prices at Franklin's Big Country RV. if your ever near Abilene,Tx . Their business has increased due to the oil boom in the West Tx area. They are HL dealer.

JanAndBill

Myself and a few other Heartland owners were just talking about this last week. It would be great if "all" dealers did a complete inspection on every unit and prepped it "before" it was ever put on the sales lot. Unfortunately they don't. As a buyer, you have to take a proactive approach on delivery by doing a "thorough" PDI and demanding that "all" items discovered be fixed "before" it leaves the lot. If the dealer can't give you a ready to go unit, walk away and go somewhere else. This is a big purchase for most people, and shouldn't be rushed. Don't back yourself into a corner by "planning" events before you take delivery, you're just asking for trouble.