Can a slide be too long for a topper???

Part of the deal for my new 3650rl was putting toppers over my slides. Today I was told one of the slides was too long for a topper. Does that make sense? Never had toppers on my previous rigs so I have no idea. Thanks for your input. Bob

MTPockets

As far as I can tell, toppers are an option from the factory. Call Heartland direct and ask who they use.

DocFather

My dealer told me that the angle of my roof made it impossible to put a topper on the bedroom slide. Then they told me that the kitchen slide could not have a topper because of the awning/slide closeness. But my deal did not include toppers in the deal price.

danemayer

Part of the deal for my new 3650rl was putting toppers over my slides. Today I was told one of the slides was too long for a topper. Does that make sense? Never had toppers on my previous rigs so I have no idea. Thanks for your input. Bob

You can visit the Dometic website to see what sizes are available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbeletti

I found an "Australian" Dometic document online that showed Slide Toppers up to 300" in length. Perhaps different product is available to the North American market.

Be aware of this too (from same Dometic document):
Important: The slide topper cradle kits 3309526.XXX(X)
must be installed with all slide topper awnings over
lengths of 198". Installations of slide toppers over 198"
without the cradle kit 3309526.XXX(X) are not covered
by Dometic Warranty.

This Dometic Slide Topper is available up to 15.65 feet.

This Carefree of Colorado Slide Topper is available up to 384 inches (32 feet)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
we have a topper on our kitchen slide and it's about 16 feet long....think they are yanking your chain...

pegmikef

Maybe it is not the physical length of the slide, but as DocFather said, something at one of the ends of the slide may be preventing the installation of a topper of the correct length.