Cape May Ferry

fastcarsspeed

Has anyone taken their larger 5th wheel across the Ferry? We are camping in Cape May and coming from Southern Maryland. Instead of take 301 up and then over the Delaware Memorial bridge I thought about just heading east and taking the ferry but with the size of our setup I am afraid of the double charge.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I believe "porthole" here on the forum from NJ has...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHCelt

The Lewes Ferry. Yes, we did when we had a mid size fifth wheel. Very enjoyable trip. Don't trust the kid giving you directions when you get on or off. They are not looking at what your trailer is going to hit. Or almost hit in my case.

HOOKERUP

I would be more worried about getting the rig in a site in Cape May campgrounds,they are all pretty tight for large rigs. As far as using the ferry it cost me 102$ to cross off season returning from Fl.

fastcarsspeed

We are going to go around and come back down to avoid the ferry. We are staying in the Adventure bound campground in Cape May and have a large site from my understanding.

chaplady

Just a watchout for you Friday afternoons during summer if u go route55 to 347 or 47 can be brutal with traffic. See it every summer I live about 45 minutes from cape may. Safe travels Bill

Mrz

Just a watchout for you Friday afternoons during summer if u go route55 to 347 or 47 can be brutal with traffic. See it every summer I live about 45 minutes from cape may. Safe travels Bill

Just took the ferry yesterday. Overhead clearance is 13'6" and it's not a problem. Staying at Beachcomber RV Resort. Only nine mile from ferry. Love the ferry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk