carefree awning not working

phelpo

help, our new two weeks, Big Country 3596 re awning quit working. It clicks but nothing. Batteries are
fully charged, I pulled and pushed on the wiring while using the remote. Nothing but a click.

It was been raining a lot but it has been working daily. Oh and don't ask me what model it is, cause
I didn't get a owners manuel with the rig.

does anyone have a electrical diagram for a B/C. I'm thinking that it could be:

bad connection
bad motor
bad operator

where does it tie into the electrical system...

Thanks
Phelpo

danemayer

Hi phelpo,

I don't think there are any wiring diagrams. With functions controlled by the remote, there's often a physical switch as well. Have you looked for that?

phelpo

oh that was the one I was using, that didn't work so I tried the remote, click, click click no go

I can't believe there is no diagram.

danemayer

If the clicking is at the awning motor, there probably isn't any need for a wiring diagram. It probably needs a trip to the dealer for a new motor.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
If the clicking is at the awning motor, there probably isn't any need for a wiring diagram. It probably needs a trip to the dealer for a new motor.

Or a call to dometic to see if they are part of the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure the battery is up to par as a weak battery can play havoc on the awning.

porthole

Retired
Just a thought, did you try the opposite direction of the switch to see if it works?

Can you have someone operate the switch to see if the awning roll moves just a bit?

danemayer

Trying it the wrong way is a good idea. I seem to remember someone recently had a problem because they somehow got the awning rolled up the wrong way.

pegmikef

Trying it the wrong way is a good idea. I seem to remember someone recently had a problem because they somehow got the awning rolled up the wrong way.

Yep, I caught myself rolling it the wrong way by pushing the out side of the switch to bring it in . . . it just keeps rolling. Some folks had actually rolled theirs all the way in and then later when they pushed the out side of the switch it of course couldn't go anywhere . . .