Carlisle Radial Trail RH Recommendations

msgill59

I have not been a fan of the old Carlisle ST tires (blowout), however the new Radial Trail RH is a big improvement over the old ST tires. I would like to know if anyone is running the new tire and what do you think about them. Time to put some new shoes on my trailer after a near blowout. I run the Truck Systems Technologies tire pressure monitor system and is saved the day. Its worth the money!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Msgill59. I don't know if there are a whole bunch of Carlisle tire fans around. I haven't heard a whole lot about that tire.
The tire that has been very popular is the Maxis.
Do a search on this forum for Maxis and you should get some information about them.
Be sure that what ever you get has the correct weight rating for your Cyclone.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I have not been a fan of the old Carlisle ST tires (blowout), however the new Radial Trail RH is a big improvement over the old ST tires. I would like to know if anyone is running the new tire and what do you think about them. Time to put some new shoes on my trailer after a near blowout. I run the Truck Systems Technologies tire pressure monitor system and is saved the day. Its worth the money!
I don't know how just adding one fabric belt, not even steel, is going to change much on a tire that was junk to start with. For my money I would put on a set of LT tires and not look back. Best thing I ever did on my trailer. JMHO..Don

Bksvo

I replaced my Towmax with Carlyle's from Discount tire last fall. Discount told me they didn't sell the Carlyle's for years because of quality problems, but that Carlyle redesigned the tire, and Discount road tested them for a year before they would sell them again. He told me he hadn't had a single tire returned since they started selling them again (about a year). This is in Phoenix, which is pretty tough on tires.

I have about 4k miles on them, and they are holding up great. No regrets here.