Cat opens screen door :(

wdk450

We cut a piece of plexiglass and put it on the inside of the door over the screen. We lose a little air flow but we still gets lots of sunlight. So the screen is protected from cat nails, and also we don't have to worry about a child falling through and down the stairs.

My concern with the toddlers falling down the stairs was that the screen door latch is so easy to open by a child, with no locking backup. Have you addressed that issue? I was demoing the trailer to my sons family and the kids opened the screen door right away.

jjriker

My concern with the toddlers falling down the stairs was that the screen door latch is so easy to open by a child, with no locking backup. Have you addressed that issue? I was demoing the trailer to my sons family and the kids opened the screen door right away.

No we haven't really had to face that one yet. When we have our grandson (3 yrs. old) and we aren't right there with him, we will probably close the actual door instead of just having the screen door open. But when that time actually comes, we may come up with another solution.

RanCarr

We found the hooks with springs and they're keeping her in. :) We managed to screw them into the narrow frame of the screen door. We have plexiglass on them to keep the cats from ripping the screens. We use the doors mostly for light since the BRS28 is so dark.