CATV / Satellite cabling question on 4200

Mcook

Is there a cable diagram available for the unit showing the locations of the coax outlets?
I’m having trouble mapping out the connections for my inside satellite receiver box.
Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mcook

I see a reference to entertainment center. I don't have or can't find one in my 4200. The only satellite feed jack that has continuity is to the outside TV.

danemayer

I see a reference to entertainment center. I don't have or can't find one in my 4200.

There's usually a TV in the living room with coax connectors nearby. Might also be a radio and possibly a surround sound and DVD player. That's the entertainment center.

Mcook

There is a jack panel with 2 coax jacks to the left of the living room TV. The air antenna is one and it works. The other coax connector has no continuity to the satellite outside jack. I was reading other users are having same issue
Camping World dealer left out our home entertainment walk thru and I forgot to ask about it. I sent Camping World follow up questions .... only hear crickets.

Mcook

I bought the Kline coax explorer + tester...though it would be a piece of cake mapping the coax....but not so much. So besides the air antenna jacks, I have found 1 satellite jack at the outside TV & 1 CATV jack in the pass thru storage that has continuity to the outside sidewall coax jacks.
There are 2 coax jacks in the loft that are unknown with no continuity.

danemayer

Hello Dan Mayer,

I just took a look at your link and I am interested by it. Would you know where I can get a drawing like that for my 2015 Big Country 3900 FLP? I am also searching for a complete wiring diagram for my 5er as well.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Sorry, no wiring diagrams are available. All the available COAX diagrams are at this link. You probably want the 6th one down.

etcmss

you don't think this drawing works for yours? it lists 2015 Big Horn, Big Country as applicable.

Attachments

• 2015 LM BH BC Coax FEL-5112.pdf.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 32

etcmss

Locations---from mine (hoping yours is similar) 4 outside coax for satellite---2 are from roof (and aren't normally used) and 2 go inside---1 to the bedroom and one to the Living room. (This is the connection to the receiver input from the antenna (I say this to be thorough not to insult you).
In the LR cabinet there is a double coax input plate. One connection is for the antenna/cable input and the other is the connection to the UDC.
Connect one end of receiver input to this one and then to the receiver.

The receiver output in my Big Horn goes by HDMI to the TV and is accessed by the TV source button as HDMI (Samsung TV).
The bedroom is a little less friendly from the receiver to the TV but generally the same connections.
The antenna booster does not have any affect on the satellite input, so it being on or off makes no difference.
Maybe this helps.

ndmac

My 4200 has most (if not all) cables coming into the entertainment center. The surround speakers are just above the cabinets over the TV and when you remove the surround speaker cover you should see the cable NEST with a variety or two and three way splitters. If you have the Klien unit you can identify them (and Mark them as you go) this will allow you to route your SAT in and outputs where you need them.

http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/cable-testers-accessories/coax-explorer-plus-tester