Check your wheel bearing seals.

dbbls59

I had to replace my Blow Max tires and when I had the wheels of I thought I would just repack the bearings. I have about 3000 miles on the unit. Three of the four wheels had grease past the seal. I have never pumped grease into the zert so this was done at the factory. One had enough grease on the inside that it was on the brake shoes. If you have not checked your bearings yet, you better do it.

sjs731

Ditto for me. I repacked my bearings after our first year of use and I had a seal out and it had a huge mess in the brake drum. Essentially I never used one brake for the whole first year.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Same here. If you look at the backside of your wheels you can probably see the grease on the wheels that has leaked out. I replaced all 4 complete brake backing plates. Once you get grease in the shoes they're done for. My brakes have never worked so well...Don

Bksvo

Same - after 1 year I had our local shop repack the bearings, and 4 of the 6 wheels had grease past the seals. I never greased them, so it sounds like the guy at the factory gets excited with the grease gun.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you say 'factory', know that Heartland gets the axle assembly from another 'factory', either Lippert or Dexter.
No greasing done at the Heartland factory.
I have experienced the same deal. I had new axles and hub assemblies replace at Lippert a few years ago. A 200 mile trip home and three seals were leaking.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta