City Water Issue

I woke up this morning to find I have low water pressure. Went out back to the city water connection and seen that water was leaking from the inlet. I went to camping world bought a brand new inlet installed it and I still have water leaking from the inlet. What could be causing the low water pressure and the water leak at the inlet. As everyone knows I’m a newbie so any information would be helpful Thanks in advance

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
It could be a number of things. Are you running a filter of any kind? That could be plugged. What kind of pressure regulator are you using? Have you checked the screen gaskets? We just had one get completely plugged on our rig and the water pressure went to zero. You could have a leak somewhere that will not allow the rest of the system to pressure up. Try running your pump and listen to see if it cycles often.

It could be a number of things. Are you running a filter of any kind? That could be plugged. What kind of pressure regulator are you using? Have you checked the screen gaskets? We just had one get completely plugged on our rig and the water pressure went to zero. You could have a leak somewhere that will not allow the rest of the system to pressure up. Try running your pump and listen to see if it cycles often.

I am not running a pressure regulator that I’m aware of. I did have a filter on it that I had not changed in a few months but I would’ve figured the inlet screen would’ve caught any debris. Is it possible something past the inlet screen and clogged up one of the hoses I checked all my water and I cannot find a leak on the inside anywhere...

I am not running a pressure regulator that I’m aware of. I did have a filter on it that I had not changed in a few months but I would’ve figured the inlet screen would’ve caught any debris. Is it possible something past the inlet screen and clogged up one of the hoses I checked all my water and I cannot find a leak on the inside anywhere...

I did install a new filter when I replaced the inlet valve.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You really need to have a good pressure regulator. Do not cheap out on a regulator. Check this out.
It could be that the pressure going into your rig is more than it can handle.

Peace
Dave

BWStark

I woke up this morning to find I have low water pressure. Went out back to the city water connection and seen that water was leaking from the inlet. I went to camping world bought a brand new inlet installed it and I still have water leaking from the inlet. What could be causing the low water pressure and the water leak at the inlet. As everyone knows I’m a newbie so any information would be helpful Thanks in advance
First change your filter, next check the screens on your faucets. The leak at the fresh water connection could just be the rubber gasket in the hose. Hope this helps