Cold and Hot Water line Drains 2013 Big Country 3250TS

Donszarko

Preparing to winterize and can't find the water line drains on my BC 3250TS. No valves or lines extending externally that I can see?

Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I answered your post in the other thread about air pressure. What you might do is either loosen the coroplast in the vicinity I mentioned or remove the basement wall panels and see if there are any lines that run down below but not through the coroplast. Most likely, if there are, it will be a red and a blue line close to each other.

If you do find them and extend them out, be sure to open them briefly when pumping antifreeze until some comes out of them.

danemayer

A 2013 BC will have a fresh tank drain, and if you have the 4-way Anderson water valve, you'll probably have 1 or 2 overflow drains along the frame. If you have washer/dryer prep, you may have a drain hose for the washer overflow pan.

I don't think you'll find drain valves for the hot and cold water lines.

If using compressed air, you'll evacuate the water through the faucets, shower, and toilet.

Our Winterization Guide has additional info.

GOTTOYS

I have a 2011 BC3250TS. There are no low point drains. They quit using them. Just blow out all the lines or pull anti-freeze in using your pump. It will only take less than 2 gallons. Don't forget to do the wash machine lines outside shower and the black tank flush...Takes about 10-15 minutes. Don

Donszarko

Thanks. I have not used antifreeze in the lines for a number of years but always had the peace of mind on my other Fifth units which had external low point drains.

I still have yet to check and confirm these lines but it makes me nervous not having the external line drain as an option.

Don

pday1213

I have a 2011 BC3250TS. There are no low point drains. They quit using them. Just blow out all the lines or pull anti-freeze in using your pump. It will only take less than 2 gallons. Don't forget to do the wash machine lines outside shower and the black tank flush...Takes about 10-15 minutes. Don
How would I do the black tank flush line? I know I can use the Anderson 4-way valve to pull in the Anti-freeze using the pump, but how would I pull it into the black flush line? It is a separate hook up and does not go through the Anderson valve?

GOTTOYS

I used to unscrew the head on my outside shower and hold that in the the connection for the black tank tank flush and push a little anti-freeze in using the pump. But now since I have since disconnected and plugged the worthless outside shower lines, I just use a little air and blow it out. Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually, there isn't much need to put antifreeze into the black tank flush line. Any water between the anti-siphon valve and the tank will naturally drain back to the tank. For what may be in the line to the valve, depress the button in the fitting check valve (if there is one) and drain the water out. The original B&B Molders plastic intake broke and from the parts I found, did not have a check valve, just a flow restriction. I replaced it with a brass city water connection w/check valve. I've never pumped AF into the tank flush line and it still works just fine.