Concealed carry permits

jbeletti

Never thought this thread would start here, but boy am I pleased at the responses!
Firearms are a part of our culture and because many of us RVers also hunt, shoot skeet/trap, are LE or former LE or simply use for personal protection, I felt the conversation finally warranted it's own sub-forum to have a place to discuss and to move past discussion all to this new home. I hunted as a youth with my step-father and have been around all manner of hunting weaponry. I too have been trained to use firearms and I am a firearm owner.

To the extent that those who have an interest in firearms as it relates to traveling by RV, continue to keep the conversation constructive and civil - we'll have an nice RV relevant firearm resource here :)

Jim B-----You know there is a skeet/trap/sporting clays course about 3 miles from Willow Tree in SC where this yrs. state chapter is meeting this month as well as you. Might be some interest in the future for a shoot to be included during the rally time! Maybe this fall!
Sounds fun. I've shot clay pigeons as a youth but nothing in many decades. No longer own any long guns. But hey, if I can pick them out of the air with my Sig P229, I'm good to go :) Seriously, sounds like fun if someone cares to make any arrangements and is willing to share their shot gun :)

davebennington

If someone is going to setup a visit to the range, I will bring a shotgun and shells. If needed I can bring a case of clays and thrower also.

Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
As a retired Field Artillery Officer, I'm still trying to figure out how to tow this behind my 5er. Not sure it will qualify as a concealed weapon however.
m-198-dvic501..jpg

OhioJay

boat to 5er, I don't know if that will qualify or not! Sure looks like a M198? I'm ex-field arty, too. Spent most of my time on a self propelled M109A4. Good fun!! Every once in a while, a gun expert or enthusiast with a big novelty-type of gun will show it off, and ask if I've ever shot something "this big"? Yeah...as a matter of fact, I have!! LOL

boatto5er

boat to 5er, I don't know if that will qualify or not! Sure looks like a M198? I'm ex-field arty, too. Spent most of my time on a self propelled M109A4. Good fun!! Every once in a while, a gun expert or enthusiast with a big novelty-type of gun will show it off, and ask if I've ever shot something "this big"? Yeah...as a matter of fact, I have!! LOL

Yep - M198. I've also launched a couple of short range nuclear capable surface to surface missiles (Sergeant and Lance), both now withdrawn from service as a result of the START treaties. I'm like you - get a chuckle when folks show me their "big" guns and ask if I've ever shot anything as big as that!

Elevatorman

Sounds fun. I've shot clay pigeons as a youth but nothing in many decades. No longer own any long guns. But hey, if I can pick them out of the air with my Sig P229, I'm good to go //heartlandowners.org/../../forum/images/smilies/smile.gif Seriously, sounds like fun if someone cares to make any arrangements and is willing to share their shot gun

Sharing or even loaning a shotgun isn't a problem. The place is called Myrtle Grove Gun Club, built by a Mr. Stillwagon. Besides being a real estate developer, he is a trap champion here in South Carolina as well as around the country. Great relaxing place to shoot compared to others in the state. Convenient to Willow Tree too! Has trap,skeet and my favorite, sporting clays. I'll start some dialogue soon with the mgr. and see what I can come up with for the fall. I think it could be fun!

boatto5er

I don't suppose that would work on waterfowl. :)

Actually, upon thinking about this, I surmised that a White Phosphorus round set to airburst would achieve two purposes. First, it would work on shooting the waterfowl, and second, it would also cook them for you before they hit the ground.

OhioJay

Actually, upon thinking about this, I surmised that a White Phosphorus round set to airburst would achieve two purposes. First, it would work on shooting the waterfowl, and second, it would also cook them for you before they hit the ground.

I was going to go with a flechette (sp?) round. Those burst in the air, and thousands of tiny, steel, arrow-like projectiles rain down.

Elevatorman

I was going to go with a flechette (sp?) round. Those burst in the air, and thousands of tiny, steel, arrow-like projectiles rain down.

As much as they didn't work as well as expected, and were discontinued, you can still buy those little buggers "for display purposes only". Yeh right!!

Pulltab

Protecting yourself and your family is a must. Doing it legally is a must. It is basically an insurance policy, everywhere you can legally take it, it should go with you. You don't wake up in the morning and say "I'm not going to need my car insurance today cause I am not going to have an accident." They become like a watch or cell phone, you leave home without it and you know you look naked :D

gratton

I have a Texas CHL and always carry my Springfield XDM 40 cal with me. While in the trailer always keep it in a central area close to the door. Never know who is going to come knocking. Have only had my CHL for a couple of years, but my wife states that she feels safer now that I carry.

Joel

As my wife & I do alot of RV'ing, I have concealed permits in two states so to be legal in 38 of the states. I've had a CHL for years and will not go anywhere without something to protect me & my family..

RollingHome

Joel/Gratton, I'm ignornat CHL ??? does thsi mean Concealed Handgun License ? Is there one which is multi state or ?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Joel/Gratton, I'm ignornat CHL ??? does thsi mean Concealed Handgun License ? Is there one which is multi state or ?

Yes CHL means Concealed Handgun License. The only multi-state handgun license I am aware of is the one for active and retired peace officers. There are specific requirements which must be met before they can obtain this one.

hart1369

chl is concealed handgun license most states have some reciprcol agreements with other states and some have nonresident liscenses to allow you to carry in multiple states

RollingHome

I was recently told "they" passed a open carry permit ??? I did some research and I could not find any new laws... Do any of you know of anything new for open carry ? It sounds like an invitation for hassle to me or am I wrong ?

Joel

The state I live in is Kansas and before then I was a resident of Texas. I had a Texas Concealed Carry License for years. But when I moved up here I did research on which permits would get me legal in most states. I know theres probably more, but I got my Kansas CHL & then got a Utah CHL and let my Texas license expire as it did not help on being legal in anymore states.

Best do the research on these if your considering getting a CHL.. IMHO..

Good luck