Concern: Will LevelUp Hydraulic Fluid freeze?

Kahoney

the DW and our 2 year old plan a trip to California in a month and I am concerned that leaving here in Mid January when the temp is usually below zero may cause the landing gear to not work. Has anyone had any issues and if so what did they do to correct them? I could put a heater in the basement next to the pump and reservoir before we leave if that may help. I did try the auto level a few weeks ago when it was cold and the pump just knocked. I tapped the pump then it went just fine. This is about my only concern but I am quite worried for when I get all packed up I will want to head South, I will NEED to hook up and leave

danemayer

Re: Auto Level Hydrolics Freezing?

We've spent a lot of time in the Colorado mountains during ski season. Never had a problem with the hydraulics bringing the slides in or retracting the landing jacks on the morning of departure and I'm sure we've done so at least once when it was -2 F if not colder.

TedS

Re: Auto Level Hydrolics Freezing?

The oil is the same as that in your automatic transmission. It is meant to keep working at low temperatures.