Cracks outside, and inside :(

jimtoo

Has your pump ever been replaced? Maybe the check valve in the pump is not closing and allowing the back flow and not building pressure also.

Jim M

dasmoeturhead

Has your pump ever been replaced? Maybe the check valve in the pump is not closing and allowing the back flow and not building pressure also.

Jim M
Well I had a rv tech isolate the pump, after I had installed the 3rd valve, and it did the exact same thing. The pump is original.

Bones

Can you run a line from the filter inlet to your city water directly. This will isolate the valve and the pump and that will test your system from that point on. Then you can test the system backwards from there. Next I want you to block off your pump somehow and then test the city water connection of the anderson valve. Did you get more detailed pictures of all your plumbing back there including the anderson valve?

- - - Updated - - -

I think at this point you need to test to see what works and a good start is from the filter and then work backwards.

dasmoeturhead

Can you run a line from the filter inlet to your city water directly. This will isolate the valve and the pump and that will test your system from that point on. Then you can test the system backwards from there. Next I want you to block off your pump somehow and then test the city water connection of the anderson valve. Did you get more detailed pictures of all your plumbing back there including the anderson valve?

- - - Updated - - -

I think at this point you need to test to see what works and a good start is from the filter and then work backwards.

Yes your right. I did this once before. I probably need to go out and get some fittings and what not. I took some pictures, but there not very good.

• //heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif 20151021_090206.jpg (50.7 KB)
  • //heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif 20151021_090243.jpg (80.6 KB)
  • //heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif 20150531_081649.jpg (195.3 KB)
  • //heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif 20150531_081659.jpg (365.3 KB)
  • //heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif 20150531_081637.jpg (318.6 KB)
  • //heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif 20150531_081719.jpg (201.5 KB)
Valid file extensions: bm

Attachments

• 20151021_090206.jpg
    20151021_090206.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20151021_090243.jpg
    20151021_090243.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20150531_081649.jpg
    20150531_081649.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20150531_081659.jpg
    20150531_081659.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20150531_081637.jpg
    20150531_081637.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20150531_081719.jpg
    20150531_081719.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 27

danemayer

Here's a 2 person experiment. A small bucket would be good to have on hand as well.

1. Turn off the city water faucet.
2. Set the Anderson valve to City.
3. On the back side of the valve, disconnect the pex line that goes to the fresh tank.
4. Person #1 put the bucket under the Anderson Valve to catch water.
5. Person #2 turn on the city water faucet - start with just a little water flow
6. If no water comes out the open connector on the Anderson Valve, turn the faucet wide open.
7. If water does come out the open connector, re-check where the city water is connected to the valve.

If the valve is undamaged, when the valve is set to CITY, there should be no water coming out the open connector that goes to the fresh tank.

Bones

Do you have a picture of the lines around the pump towards the floor? Have you ever used the outside shower? Are those valves shut? Is is possible to actually install the Anderson valve cartridge backwards?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever tried pulling the Anderson cartridge out again and re-seating it and seeing if it works like you said before?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a 2 person experiment. A small bucket would be good to have on hand as well.

1. Turn off the city water faucet.
2. Set the Anderson valve to City.
3. On the back side of the valve, disconnect the pex line that goes to the fresh tank.
4. Person #1 put the bucket under the Anderson Valve to catch water.
5. Person #2 turn on the city water faucet - start with just a little water flow
6. If no water comes out the open connector on the Anderson Valve, turn the faucet wide open.
7. If water does come out the open connector, re-check where the city water is connected to the valve.

If the valve is undamaged, when the valve is set to CITY, there should be no water coming out the open connector that goes to the fresh tank.
Yeah that is a good point. Try that first if you can because that should tell you if you have a blown check valve. I think

dasmoeturhead

I'll get some more pictures. Yes the shower valves work, I use them often. There's is a way to install the Anderson valve upside down. The pex lines are very short, no slack, so it's almost impossible to put them on the wrong side of the valve. At one point 2 weeks ago I tried every combination possible by switching the lines around, and never got it to work properly. If the cartridge is installed wromg, it was done at the factory on the last 4 valves I've replaced. I really don't want to take the cartridge out, and have a possible leak. This is a very cheesy valve. I've got water at this point, and I don't need another trip to a lame rv repair facility, with your help maybe we will.get it going. I'm taking my pickup in tomorrow to get the fuel filters changed, and then Im going to install the block heater cord. Busy busy busy. The water system is very important though. Looks like no freezing weather for the next few days so I've got a window to troubleshoot.
Still no word from Heartland about the cracks getting repaired. When it rains.

dasmoeturhead

Sorry to leave everyone who has tried to help me out hanging. We've been looking at properties in Tn. Been on the road a lot. I hope to get back to the valve problem soon.