Cyclone 3110 order placed

U2fletch

Just pulled the trigger and wife and I are having a new 3110 built with our chosen options. Will be the longest 2 months of our lives waiting for arrival. This is first 5'er, but have owned numerous boats over the years, so not completely new to the drill. Scouring the forum looking for tidbits of knowledge on this RV.

My biggest concern at this time is getting prepared for a good walk through. Between sailing big boats for a number of years, and flying airplanes for a living, systems are my life. But an RV is a new beast and I really want to avoid some of the build issues I've been reading about on this forum.

My first "doh" moment was when I found out you can't get into the 3110 bath/bedroom with the slide closed. Wife took that news well. Lol

First order of business will be installation of wheel chock for my 600RR track bike. Have a track day at COTA in July, but doubt factory will have trailer ready in time. Rats!!

jimtoo

Hi U2fletch,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. So if you have questions, just ask and someone will help out.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your long wait.

Jim M

We used to visit the lake there, but have not been in years. Is it getting back useable after the fire and is campground at power plant open?

U2fletch

The park in Bastrop has recovered nicely, although the Eastern portion towards Beuscher State Park took a hit this year with another fire. Not sure about the power plant site, will look into that. Think our first shakedown trip will be to the North Shore of Lake Bastrop. Just a few miles from home.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

hboy1

There is a user of this forum who has a very comprehensive delivery inspection list. Oregon_Camper If you search that user name, you will find posts from him. That PDI check list can be downloaded from his signature area.

I would recommend not taking delivery (or writing the check) until everything meets your expectations. I would also not plan any long trips shortly after your expected delivery date. Just to give yourself a reasonable break in period to uncover any issues that would be difficult to deal with down the road.

Best of Luck!