cyclone 4006 satellite prewire

bigtphx

Has anyone located the roof prewired satellite coax on their cyclone 4006, mine is a 2021, Heartland says its across from other antenna same distance from front and side. Just a little leary about cutting a hole in my roof to hunt for wires.

Update to my post, drilled hole and found pre wired coax cables as per manufacturer. Had to put ends on, but satellite up and running.
thanks for replies

Last edited:

danemayer

On the interior ceiling, is there a blank plate? If so, the wires would be above that and you wouldn't have to guess.

bigtphx

On the interior ceiling, is there a blank plate? If so, the wires would be above that and you wouldn't have to guess.

no blank plate in ceiling, heartland says should be opposite from tv antenna, same distance from front and side, just Leary of cutting 2-3” hole in roof to hunt for coax cables

jmarnell

On our Cyclone 4005, the wires were pretty much right where Heartland said they were. I measured the TV antenna distance from the side and the front, and then marked those distances on the opposite side and drilled there. Took a bit to fish out the wires, but they were there. On a related note, I hope you have better luck with the cables than we did. I had to run a new cable from the roof to the UDC because one of the original cables was bad. If you don't have one, be sure to get a coax tester and test the cables.

bigtphx

On our Cyclone 4005, the wires were pretty much right where Heartland said they were. I measured the TV antenna distance from the side and the front, and then marked those distances on the opposite side and drilled there. Took a bit to fish out the wires, but they were there. On a related note, I hope you have better luck with the cables than we did. I had to run a new cable from the roof to the UDC because one of the original cables was bad. If you don't have one, be sure to get a coax tester and test the cables.

thanks

cashmore

I skipped the prewired altogether as I already had a hole in the roof that has other cable running through it. I ran new coax from the traveler to the UDC using the existing hole and called it good. I found it easier than hunting and guessing. I also am now 100% certain of the location and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtphx

I skipped the prewired altogether as I already had a hole in the roof that has other cable running through it. I ran new coax from the traveler to the UDC using the existing hole and called it good. I found it easier than hunting and guessing. I also am now 100% certain of the location and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had considered that, but i was running 2 cables and one of the locations would be hard to access, ended up working out great, had to tighten all the cables as they were loose. so now i have satellite to all 4 tv's.

- - - Updated - - -

my cables were in correct location also, had to install ends on roof accessed cables, and tighten all connections but worked out fine.