Cyclone 4200 (2015) Spare Tire

avvidclif

Here's mine at the Ford dealer getting the new shoes put on, Sailun 637. They liked it, no floor jacks needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0513[1].jpg
    IMG_0513[1].jpg
    84 KB · Views: 33

rocrider50

Now you guys have me scared about tires again! I thought that the upgrade to G rated tires would make my 2017 Cyclone bullet proof. I'm about ready to embark on a 6000 mile odyssey and now wondering if I should get a second spare and bring a Jack. Are the Chinese tire wows of the past still haunting us? Mine is a triple axle and it will be loaded with two Harley's and all the gear. Near it's max 20,000 lb. capacity.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's mine at the Ford dealer getting the new shoes put on, Sailun 637. They liked it, no floor jacks needed.

Eek! We left ours attached to the truck.

And make sure they install metal valve stems that can handle the 110 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Eek! We left ours attached to the truck.

And make sure they install metal valve stems that can handle the 110 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They put in metal valve stems I supplied. The parking lot is perfectly flat so I wasn't worried about it moving. The hitch had to go too high to raise the tires off the ground and I didn't feel like raising the back of the truck also which would have happened if I left it hooked up.

vakthund

Curious how you used the level-up? While it levels the vehicle I have not seen it lift the tires, unload certainly. How did you lift the tire off the ground?
The manual operations lifts the entire coach off the wheels, near effortlessly honestly.

vakthund

wondering if I should get a second spare and bring a Jack.
I have taken multiple 3K mile trips and never had issues finding a place to replace the valve stems. The Gs are great, never had a tire issue. I do check them every time I stop and keep them properly inflated.

rocrider50

I have taken multiple 3K mile trips and never had issues finding a place to replace the valve stems. The Gs are great, never had a tire issue. I do check them every time I stop and keep them properly inflated.

I did buy a portable air compressor that had a 150psi capability.
I hope that maintaining the tires should be good.

porthole

Retired
I don't think Heartland includes lug wrenches with the trailers.

At one time Cyclone's came with a lug wrench.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious how you used the level-up? While it levels the vehicle I have not seen it lift the tires, unload certainly. How did you lift the tire off the ground?

Easiest way to lift for tires? Stay connected, do not use front landing gear, go to manual mode, push the "rear" option, all four jacks will deploy simultaneously and raise the trailer with equal stress.

I would suggest leaving the trailer pigtail connected and the truck running to max the battery voltage, or plug in the shore power.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you are disconnected, auto level the trailer, then manual mode, then use the left - right buttons alternately to raise the trailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you guys have me scared about tires again! I thought that the upgrade to G rated tires would make my 2017 Cyclone bullet proof. I'm about ready to embark on a 6000 mile odyssey and now wondering if I should get a second spare and bring a Jack. Are the Chinese tire wows of the past still haunting us? Mine is a triple axle and it will be loaded with two Harley's and all the gear. Near it's max 20,000 lb. capacity.

What tires do you have?