Damaged Camper and Landing Gear-- Repaired--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller4tan

Re: Damaged Camper and Landing Gear

The second crack I found after removing the wheel from the trailer. I dribbled water around the bead of the tire and the overflow ran down the side of the wheel and I could see the air bubbles. Without the water running over it you could not see it because it was so fine.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

So glad that everything worked out for you in the end. As long as you are happy with the outcome all is good. Now it is time to get out and enjoy that RV. Have a great camping season!

JanAndBill

Glad your stress is behind you and that there was a satisfactory outcome. Wouldn't it be nice if all businesses stepped up and took responsibility for their actions, lawyers would starve to death.

Bones

The second crack I found after removing the wheel from the trailer. I dribbled water around the bead of the tire and the overflow ran down the side of the wheel and I could see the air bubbles. Without the water running over it you could not see it because it was so fine.

Thanks Roller4tan. I will take the wheel off this weekend and spray it with soapy water looking for a leak before I call warranty.

Bones

Glad your stress is behind you and that there was a satisfactory outcome. Wouldn't it be nice if all businesses stepped up and took responsibility for their actions, lawyers would starve to death.

Yes it would be. :)

Bones

Do you have bad valve stem or a loose schrader valve??

Not sure. I just brought the camper back from storage to do some work and I checked the tire and it is sitting at 50 psi now. I filled it up Sunday. I will pull it off this weekend and put the spare on and try to see what is wrong with the thing. I don't hear any hissing and I don't see anything in the tire.

Bones

Well Thanks for the advice Turns out the rim has pinhole leak in it or a crack when under load.

IMG_20150329_180032.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tredit provides the rims for Heartland. They have a lifetime guarantee. Context them, they have a fairly easy process to get a new one, and will reimburse for installation (but not balancing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Well......................

We have been out for one full season and lots of use after this incident. Some things are ok some are not however the camper was repaired and is in good working order. Heartland has been wonderful to deal with on any warranty items that came up over the last year. Lippert stepped up and went out to inspect the frame to make sure it was in good working order. I have had a year to think about this and even though I was quite pis**d off and might never forget, the dealership did repair the camper. We are dealing with some minor things now but so far nothing that would prevent a lost trip. Knock on wood. I will unfortunately always keep my fingers crossed that we don't have something lurking in the shadows hidden until it rears it's ugly head.

I would like to extend a very warm thank you to all the Heartlanders on this thread and off this thread who assisted us in getting through this issue and keeping us reminded that in the end this is only a bump in the road of the camping life and we will look back on this incident and laugh while sitting around the camp fire roasting marshmallows.

Again, Thank you ;)

From the Klines

To the moderators if you don't mind please lock this thread after this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.