Dealer Problem

ArkSlim

I hope this is the right place for this. We just took delivery10/8/09 of a 2010 Bighorn 3410. We went to a campground close to the dealer Great Escapes RV, in order to check out the unit we discovered that the off side slide needs adjustment as the rubber seal does not touch the slide at the top on the front (side toward the front of the trailer) it is off about 1/8 in. I called the dealer and was told that the unit hadn't been leaking when they had it on the lot and their policy was "If it's not broke don't fix it" and then said that it might get worse if they messed with it. These are the same people that said as we were leaving the lot "If you find any problems we will take care of them". When we were in the office signing the papers one of their staff hooked the park water line to the flush valve and when we got bach to the trailer water was running out the bottom. The dealer assured us that since it was caught early there would be no problems such as seperation of the floor since it is marine grade strand board and since the floor is all bonded there would be no problem with the linoleum. We are now on our way to Texas for an extended stay. Is this the warrenty response we are to expect? I expected more after spending $$$$$$$. Sincerely Hugh Keller

Last edited by a moderator:

nemo45

We bought our 2009 3600RE from Great Escapes RV in Gamaliel AR in June and we got great service from them. We are full-timers and we stayed right there at the dealership for 5 days transfering everything from our old camper to the new one. While we were there we had several small problems which were all taken care of immediately. They even supplied a man to help us transfer our stuff. As far as the floor etc. being damaged from the black tank over flow, you are just going to have to wait and see what develops as far as the linoleum etc. and get it fixed before the warranty expires. I did the exact same thing myself in my old camper and the water came up thru the stool and on to the floor. Carpet, linoleum and floor were fine after drying out, but the converter was underneath and to the rear of the stool and was fried from the water pouring down on it. Cost me $270 for a new one. You can't expect the dealer to replace the linoleum if there are no visible problems. Is this the warranty response you shoud expect? No, and should problems arise I'm sure if you get in touch with Dave, the owner, he'll get you taken care of. If not get in touch with customer service at Heartland and I know for sure it'll get taken care of. As for me, I highly recommend Great Escapes RV, the treated us great and the deal was great too.

Dave

Traveling Two
Slide Swipe

ArkSlim..we had the same issue with our Sundance except our slide did leak. Also the "rubber seal" or swipe as our dealer called it, did not touch the slide which I suspected was the cause of the leak. Our dealer told me the swipe cleans the slide as it retracts into the camper and that the leak was caused by another adjustment under the swipe. He made the adjustment which stopped the leak and also put a wider swipe on the camper which now touches the slide.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Arkslim, 2 questions. Is the seal you are refering to inside or out side of the slide. Can you feel cold air or see light through it? As to the water intrusion, was it running from under the coach or out the door?