Dealers - and new trucks

porthole

Retired
Last night I went with my daughter to pick up her new car, first car that she bought all on her very own, special ordered and spec'ed to the max, 2014 Fusion. Nice car BTW.

One of the reasons for going with her was to look at and test drive the 2015 Super Duty. And she told the salesman in advance that I was coming to look. I don't like highway dealers, but they have the stock.

I could not get this tool to even look up the dealer inventory see what they did have. Although he did show me on his iPad the "what's new for 2015" web page - something that I saw months ago.

But, at least thanks to this knowledgeable sales person I now know that these F-350 DRW's are expensive trucks. :confused:

Attachments

• Rache's_Fusion.jpg
    Rache's_Fusion.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 117

emm4273610re

Nice car good for her ! ! ! Maybe he didn't want to help because he didn't know anything about the new 350's. ( or you don't look good in sunglasses ) :eek: I experienced that when I went to look at the Ram's. Went to another dealer, was a little better, not much. If it's not an easy sale they don't seem to want to spend the time. Good luck in your search

Subdrv

Last night I went with my daughter to pick up her new car, first car that she bought all on her very own, special ordered and spec'ed to the max, 2014 Fusion. Nice car BTW.

One of the reasons for going with her was to look at and test drive the 2015 Super Duty. And she told the salesman in advance that I was coming to look. I don't like highway dealers, but they have the stock.

I could not get this tool to even look up the dealer inventory see what they did have. Although he did show me on his iPad the "what's new for 2015" web page - something that I saw months ago.

But, at least thanks to this knowledgeable sales person I now know that these F-350 DRW's are expensive trucks. :confused:

I just traded for a 2015 Chevy 3500 DRW got a good deal in Florida, traded an 08 f450 that had started to develop some major problems. Really happy went from 7 mpg pulling the cyclone to almost 11 mpg with the Chevy and 19 mpg empty up from 11.

scottyb

I spec'd a 2015 on Ford's website yesterday, identical to my 2013. MSRP was about $2K above mine. I expected it to be higher.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Probably wont be any great deals on any 2015 trucks yet. They are too new and dealers want unload the '14's first. My only in, is that I still the GM employee discount, but I am not looking.

haulinem

Not looking myself but my son told me that Toyota is finally entering the 1 ton market with a combination of the Cummins diesel and Allison transmission.

sbryan

Very pretty car your daughter speced out. You must have taught her well.:)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I now know that these F-350 DRW's are expensive trucks. :confused:
Got that right. I was on my way to shoot trap last night and saw one at the dealer nearby. Had to stop and look.
MSRP.....$71,000 and change.
Ouch!
No new truck in my future.

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
[AT 20140423_165751.jpg TACH=CONFIG]29784[/ATTACH] here is our new 2014 Super Duty just got in April 24.it sure it pretty

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Got that right. I was on my way to shoot trap last night and saw one at the dealer nearby. Had to stop and look.
Ouch!

Peace
Dave

Must have been a platinum or king ranch. My ultimate msrp'd at $64k exactly. Not what I paid though. Got a decent deal and a decent trade locally instead of going to Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
[AT View attachment 29784 TACH=CONFIG]29784[/ATTACH] here is our new 2014 Super Duty just got in April 24.it sure it pretty

I like those colors but I couldn't wait so I got this...

urary3a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mzcummins

Not looking myself but my son told me that Toyota is finally entering the 1 ton market with a combination of the Cummins diesel and Allison transmission.

Toyota will have the 5.0 Cummins in a half ton, NO Cummins/Allison 1 ton

sent using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Probably wont be any great deals on any 2015 trucks yet. They are too new and dealers want unload the '14's first. My only in, is that I still the GM employee discount, but I am not looking.

As when the new model came out for the 2011 model year, I would be waiting anyway to the fall when the incentives start.
But, I just wanted to see the differences, take one for a ride. Especially now that the 350 has the wide track front axle option. Although, that option does not come up yet on the Ford - "build your own page yet.

Very pretty car your daughter speced out. You must have taught her well.:)

There are a few habits she might have picked up from me, good and bad :rolleyes: Almost every time we are together at least once her husband will comment " you are your father's daughter"

Ouch!

Must have been a platinum or king ranch.

Platinum or KR. Buddy on the Ford forum just got his window sticker for an ordered unit, KR at 70+ and not even a DRW

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Andy nice truck ! We really like ours so far . I am with your wife it is partly mine it rides a lot better then the old truck. Love the colors to only we had ours pin striped really makes it pop.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.

pegmikef

Andy, Nice truck! It looks like you got a carbon copy of mine only a year newer. We Love ours.

Attachments

• toys.JPG
    toys.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 52

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am planning on getting a new truck next year . . .

My current 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 is starting to get a little tired to be pulling a heavy trailer through the Rocky Mountains.

While I've had the best luck with Dodge trucks over the years, I have an open mind and am looking at all of the major truck brands!

I will be looking at the F250/2500 range of trucks when the time comes!

I plan on keeping my current Dodge when I get the new one.

TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg OutOfGasInNebraska-IMG1198.jpg