Demco 21K Autoslider

joshr502

I'm headed up to the dealership tomorrow to pick up our new Road Warrior and the dealer is also putting in a Demco 21K Autoslider hitch in my Ram 3500 Mega Cab with the short bed. Has anyone had any experience with these? Thanks!

IronJ

While I don't have PERSONAL experience with the demko I have a friend who loves his...I looked at both the demko and the superglide and decided on superglide because that is what my dealer had....they operate similar and I don't see why the demko would not be an awesome piece!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

joshr502

We went on an overnight shakedown cruise and I am super impressed with this hitch. It allowed me to make some tight turns and get into an awkward camp site.

crors7

I have a Demco autoslide 18k, works great, I looked at both it and the pull rite and liked the Demco way better, bigger, thicker, more substantial mechanism and made in the U.S.A. . The only issue is it can be a pain in the a.. to hitch if your off angle at all.

Mullins

I have a Demco autoslide 18k, works great, I looked at both it and the pull rite and liked the Demco way better, bigger, thicker, more substantial mechanism and made in the U.S.A. . The only issue is it can be a pain in the a.. to hitch if your off angle at all.

I have a Demco 18K autoslide, I agree, works great!. However, I do have a slight problem with it. I take the hitch out every now and then to haul stuff then I'll put it back in, but it seems lately that when I go to put hitch back in, the left side pins do not go down into the hole far enough to latch. Have you had any problems like this? I have had the hitch about 2 years now, and this problem just started. Now, if I drop he left side in first it does latch, but the levers are hard to turn in. :(

crors7

I have a Demco 18K autoslide, I agree, works great!. However, I do have a slight problem with it. I take the hitch out every now and then to haul stuff then I'll put it back in, but it seems lately that when I go to put hitch back in, the left side pins do not go down into the hole far enough to latch. Have you had any problems like this? I have had the hitch about 2 years now, and this problem just started. Now, if I drop he left side in first it does latch, but the levers are hard to turn in. :(
I have never taken mine out.

Bones

I don't see your vehicle so I am going to assume it is one with a puck system. If that is the case you will need to adjust the depth of your one puck lock. It is easy to do.