Diesel exhaust fluid

GOTTOYS

Whatever is available that meets the required standards.Usually the boxed Blue Def. Never had a problem yet..Don

Bohemian

DEF is deionized water and urea. That's all. Any reputable brand will be equally good. Any brand from a reputable retailer will be equally good.

This is not a complex difficult to produce costly product.

MTPockets

I always wait until my message center alerts that I have 500 miles to empty, then just pick up 5 gallons at Walmart, or parts store, sometimes Ford; whichever is convenient.

MCTalley

Ford fills it during regular service (purchased the service plan on this truck). In between service intervals, I typically fill it at the bulk DEF pumps at a truck stop.

mlpeloquin

I have used Blue DEF, Walmart brand, and PEP Boys. What ever cost less. When my notification pops up I refill with 10 gallons. On a funny note, GM calls the monitor system for the truck the "DIC" system. You think someone at GM would have come up with a better acronym.

NHCelt

Walmart now selling their own....all the same product and made to certain minimum specifications. The real issue is ensuring the freshness of the product. Many owners of diesel trucks were told over the years that they had "bad def" when , in fact, they had an exhaust emission sensor problem. The 2011 model years were the worst...ask me how I know...

To answer your question...blue def.

JanAndBill

I have used Blue DEF, Walmart brand, and PEP Boys. What ever cost less. When my notification pops up I refill with 10 gallons. On a funny note, GM calls the monitor system for the truck the "DIC" system. You think someone at GM would have come up with a better acronym.

Now that's pretty funny!!!!

gasman

Camp Socializer
I always go with bulk from the truck pumps. It is half the cost. Most Ford dealers I have contacted are charging around $6/gallon.