Diesel exhaust fluid

dave10a

Make sure it is ISO certified. Not all DEF solutions are the same regardless if they are reputable mfgs or not.

oldelmer1

There's been lots of discussion over on the Cummins forum about people finding the containers have been opened and just water in the containers. When they get them home, they see that the seal has been broke and sometimes the dispensing tube is missing.

Be sure to inspect the container before buying it.

IronJ

Def...yeah I'm done with that...and dpf too 😎..truck is a totally different animal...

That said, I've hit a couple of truck stops where def pump would not activate....something about a magnetic switch...

The box is just as easy I suppose...I did 3k+ miles to Canada towing and didn't add def till I was back home....6 gallons went a long way for me so I was never too worried about running out....every gas station I ever been to had the boxes...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

danemayer

That said, I've hit a couple of truck stops where def pump would not activate....something about a magnetic switch...
To protect you, some DEF pumps have a magnetic switch that has to be activated to turn on the pump. If by mistake you put the DEF nozzle into the diesel opening, it won't pump.

If I remember correctly I have run into this at a Love's Truck Stop and had to borrow their magnetic collar. I haven't run into it at Flying J/Pilot locations.

jam20ster

Its actually a magnetic collar that fits over the fill pump nozzle. Once you have one of these then the best place to get DEF is at the pump at a truck stop. Its always fresh and much cheaper $2.69 a gallon.

Or spend you about $1500 and improve the life and performance of your TV with a delete kit.

IronJ

Or spend you about $1500 and improve the life and performance of your TV with a delete kit.

And the smiles per mile are worth every penny!! Lol...

Def....dpf.....pffft.......and the egt are always nice and lowwwww

💪👍👍👍👍

Power247

👍👌. Some of the best money I've spent since buying my truck. 😁. Just thankful I live in an area where I can get away with it.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

IronJ

I got one of the early versions from this outfit on ebay. Haven't needed it yet, but it is in the truck for when the time comes.
I bought one after i had the issue...never once used or needed it....

And now my def is empty and will stay that way!!

552hp and 1240tq never felt so gooooood!! ..giddy up dually...lol

Bones

I bought one after i had the issue...never once used or needed it....

And now my def is empty and will stay that way!!

552hp and 1240tq never felt so gooooood!! ..giddy up dually...lol

That is on my list in a few more years.

IronJ

I know full well there are pros/cons but honestly i feel long term the pros way outweigh cons..

1. No def worries
2. No dpf clogging worries
3. Drop in operating temps
4. Drop in egt
5. Absolutes NO exhaust/soot being pumped back into my motor

The power increase is cool and all but in all honesty the truck was fine in that department..

I just leave it on the custom tow tune usually...hardly any black smoke unless im digging into throttle real hard...

Those power numbers are from the rear wheels loaded on a dynojet roller..

Upgrades were

1. Custom tunes (tyrant diesel)
2. Afe cold air intake(open top with sock on filter)
3. Flo pro 5" down pipe back exhaust (with muffler)
4. No limit egr delete/coolant reroute

Thing is obsurd to drive!!..but now every dang kid in a puffing dodge wants to race...lol

When/if i get a new 350 ill probably upgrade the fuel pumps and do a streetmax turbo...the turbo on the the 15s is pretty stout...pushing 35-40psi no problem...but im pretty tapped with current setup powerwise...

But hey...no def fluid...lol

Bones

I know full well there are pros/cons but honestly i feel long term the pros way outweigh cons..

1. No def worries
2. No dpf clogging worries
3. Drop in operating temps
4. Drop in egt
5. Absolutes NO exhaust/soot being pumped back into my motor

The power increase is cool and all but in all honesty the truck was fine in that department..

I just leave it on the custom tow tune usually...hardly any black smoke unless im digging into throttle real hard...

Those power numbers are from the rear wheels loaded on a dynojet roller..

Upgrades were

1. Custom tunes (tyrant diesel)
2. Afe cold air intake(open top with sock on filter)
3. Flo pro 5" down pipe back exhaust (with muffler)
4. No limit egr delete/coolant reroute

Thing is obsurd to drive!!..but now every dang kid in a puffing dodge wants to race...lol

When/if i get a new 350 ill probably upgrade the fuel pumps and do a streetmax turbo...the turbo on the the 15s is pretty stout...pushing 35-40psi no problem...but im pretty tapped with current setup powerwise...

But hey...no def fluid...lol

The down side is would I get pulled over. We have a tractor at work now that is constantly shutting down due to def issues. It's covered under warranty but it is bad with this truck. It's a Mack and they can't seem to get it fixed. I think one of the things I'll do first is the EGR delete after warranty runs out.

IronJ

The down side is would I get pulled over. We have a tractor at work now that is constantly shutting down due to def issues. It's covered under warranty but it is bad with this truck. It's a Mack and they can't seem to get it fixed. I think one of the things I'll do first is the EGR delete after warranty runs out.
Yeah no emissions here...

Ive had my srw in 2x now for emissions issues...the pump on def tank went out and an egr sensor went out.....of course under warranty still, but took them 3 weeks to get def pump...

Im probably just gonna delete it now too..