Diesel Prices..........

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Part of the excuse for high prices i've heard is the demand for home heating oil, who knows but they sure haven't come down here in the land of oil production.../Doug

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well as of yesterday fuel is down to $2.69. 5 months ago it was $4.95. Thats about a $2.30 drop in price. Whats up with that? Gas is about $2.10 Bob:D

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Well as of yesterday fuel is down to $2.69. 5 months ago it was $4.95. Thats about a $2.30 drop in price. Whats up with that? Gas is about $2.10. I remember the late 70's and early 80's and what was going on with gas prices. Excuse was an oil embargo. But I have 1'st hand knowledge of that, I think that it was contrived. By whom I really dont know. You see my father, and a very dear and long time friend both worked in oil refineres at that time. Also at that time I worked in the Long Beach area of California. Every day there were at least 20 oil tankers sitting "low" in the water off the coast. This is where my father and my friend come in. I would ask them both what was going on. The answer was "our holding tanks are full and we can't unload the ships and all our finished product tanks are full". Now maybe some of the really knowledgeable people can weigh in and correct me about my opinion about what is really going on. Who is telling us the truth, the Government, the oil companies? Just who! IMHO Bob:confused:

Bob, Nightly I watched gas trucks spend hours pumping gasoline into storge tanks in El Paso in 1974. These were tanks in locations that had previously been gas stations. The building were gone..but, the concrete and underground tanks were still there. And, obviously being put to some use. This ws happening all over the city.

Friends at the tank farm told me that they had no room for another gallon. They had a bunch of tanker trailers sitting around full because of the lack of storage space.

This happened just across the street from the, then main gate of Ft Bliss.:eek:

Last edited:

jbeletti

Bob&Patty said:
Well as of yesterday fuel is down to $2.69. 5 months ago it was $4.95. Thats about a $2.30 drop in price. Whats up with that? Gas is about $2.10. ....... Now maybe some of the really knowledgeable people can weigh in and correct me about my opinion about what is really going on. Who is telling us the truth, the Government, the oil companies? Just who! IMHO Bob:confused:

Delight in the drop Bob.

And please, I'd rather see no one weigh in on this, correct others, determine where the truth lies etc. At least not here on the forum. :eek: Feel free to PM or Email each other.

No fuel wars on the forum. Thanks guys. :)

Tom of Ypsi

Hope the prices in Ypsi stay that way when we get back there next summer. Use to live in Ypsi (Rosewood off of Ecorse). When we come back to visit we stay at the 4H Fairgrounds in Belleville.

egnors

The diesel is actually in Saline, but the Ypsi stations are getting closer. I hope it keeps going down too.

CrazyScotsman

$2.53 for Diesel in Springfield MO last night at Rapid Roberts, I think regular was $1.53, I do know premium was $1.95, thats what DW uses in her car.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Regular - $1.569; Diesel - $2.669 in Midland MI tonight.

Shame that diesel is $1.10/gallon more. Should be thankful that it is down from the high $4s, though.

Crude today was $46/bbl.

CTA

2.84 - 3.00 here in Vermont!

I must add however, that beats the near 5.00 from earlier this Summer! I can live with anything under 3.00, would like cheaper of course but anything under 3.00 seems good to me!