Dinette versus Table

MdMike

We have a 2011 Elkridge 29 BHCK. my wife hates the table and chairs. We have decided to replace it with a booth dinette. Anyone else done this before?

We liked the availability of another sleeping area as well as the table and chairs not being comfortable for us.

We have ordered it at the factory and it will be installed later this spring by our dealer.

Any thoughts???

I will post pics after it is installed.

jnbhobe

We like the table and chairs because Patti can move everything around when ever she wants.

MTPockets

We've had both and much prefer table and chairs. Our table top is adjustable and chairs can be moved. Also seems to provide more room to maneuver.

123camper

We like our table and chairs for the same reasons as mtpockets but can remember how nice it was to have the extra storage and sleeping space of the booth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gebills

Great subject Mike. This subject came up this last week while we were wrestling chairs around, and is yet quite unresolved. With the table and 4 chairs, it is virtually impossible toget persons in to the wall side chairs unless the person is under age 60. With the leg braces on the table, itsvery difficult to move the chairs around. To move the table around, you would need to unbolt the table from thefloor. We discussed having a custombuilt booth dinette put in and have an upholsterer custom-cover the wholething. Don’t know if I have thekahunnahs to do that though. If a personspends $1,000 to $2,000 on the custom set, you would want to make sure it is preciselywhat you want. The extra sleeping spacewould be great for grand kids. After you get the booth seating in, let us know about its usability after the fact. Good Luck.

caissiel

My sister has a dinette and their RV feels so much like camping. But we always gather at our moveable table when getting together.
We unscrewed our table 5 years ago on our first trip and turn the table 90 degrees when slides are in. The table touched the island or window when main slide was in.
Never a problem since.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I unscrewed our table years ago and never replaced them, never made a difference and we travel all over the country.

priorguy

I think it feels more like a home with the table and chairs. It's more like camping with the dinette as even the smallest tent trailers come with a booth dinette. For now I like the booth for storage and guest quarters. Down the road when the kids are gone I can see wanting the table and chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinette versus table ?

We've had both. To me and my wife the tables and chairs seem to open up the RV so much more especially when you can take the chairs and put them away somewhere

MdMike

Great subject Mike. This subject came up this last week while we were wrestling chairs around, and is yet quite unresolved. With the table and 4 chairs, it is virtually impossible toget persons in to the wall side chairs unless the person is under age 60. With the leg braces on the table, itsvery difficult to move the chairs around. To move the table around, you would need to unbolt the table from thefloor. We discussed having a custombuilt booth dinette put in and have an upholsterer custom-cover the wholething. Don’t know if I have thekahunnahs to do that though. If a personspends $1,000 to $2,000 on the custom set, you would want to make sure it is preciselywhat you want. The extra sleeping spacewould be great for grand kids. After you get the booth seating in, let us know about its usability after the fact. Good Luck.

We certainly will. We did go to our dealer after the big regional show last September in Hershey Pa. They had the newer version of our camper on the lot. Same size slide and all. It had a dinette in it and was much easier for us to get around the table. I do see and get the fact of people moving the chairs around for other seating arrangements.

The cost of the dinette is about 800 bucks. It will be shipped to our dealer in Md in a few more weeks, at which point I will take our camper there for some pm work and have the dinette installed and sell the table and chairs to the dealer for resale.

Look back here after March and check out the pics!

Last edited: