Dining Table

Routemaster

Is any one else finding that the dining room table at a height of 31 1/2ins is on the high side. Is there a fix and how?
Taken the panel off and in there it looks like it could be major surgery!! The other alternative, somehow is to raise the chairs.
Den.

MTPockets

Standard table height is 30”, so It is a bit higher. Raising chair could feel odd as well. Looks like surgery or getting use to it, or replace the table.

Routemaster

Standard table height is 30”, so It is a bit higher. Raising chair could feel odd as well. Looks like surgery or getting use to it, or replace the table.
Thank you for your speedy response. My wife is a little shorter than I and we already put cushions on top to help a little. We have thoughts of increasing the height of the seat cushions itself as they sink anyway.

Oldelevatorman

We removed the giant pedestal from under our table. Purchased a pair of brackets to hang it on the slide wall and a single table leg from IKEA and lowered it down to 28”. It’s easier for my wife to work on her crafts. Also removed the lift up table extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is any one else finding that the dining room table at a height of 31 1/2ins is on the high side. Is there a fix and how?
Taken the panel off and in there it looks like it could be major surgery!! The other alternative, somehow is to raise the chairs.
Den.
Anyone have a recommendation for a good dining table? One that seats 4 people. I kind of like the round ones. I'd especially like to find one where you don't have to worry about damaging it if you put a hot dish or something wet on it. I don't like dealing with coasters and placemats. Dining room area (not room) is 88 inches by 92 inches.

centerline

Den.
its a small task to shorten a table in an rv.... the process depends on the design of it, but if its a pedestal type table, the pedestal can be removed from both the top and the feet, as needed, so that the pedestal can be shortened, OR... the feet shortened, which again, it depends on the design of the table.... and then bolt/screw it back together...