direct tv set up help

Moose

1st -- I'm sorry to read that our company reps/administrators "share"
2nd -- I used to "communicate" with my wife for signal strength with my old Direct TV system then I changed to a HD slimline sat. -- FUN !!
MY suggestion is to go and get yourself a Winegard HD slimline unit placed on your roof -- pull into your RV site, plug in your electric ,and go to you satellite "power" box and push power --DONE !!!! (not a dome) ( its automatic)

At around $1,600 for the Winegard HD I will pass.

What's wrong with "sharing" the signal? You still need a legit receiver and subscription to watch. So all you are doing is sharing the dish . . . .

ct0218

With a little practice it is not too hard to set up the Directv antenna. We have a HD DVR, and I make sure that the antenna mast is perfectly plumb, then set my azimuth and elevation so it is close, set the skew, and tune to satellite 101 for the strength. After that it is just fine tuning for the strongest signal on the meter and the tv. It does help to practice ahead of time though

Aristakat

THANKS TO ALL!!!! Took fither out this weekend got diretc tv with all the help here in a short time turned out didn't the aim finder just used satalite siginal finder and a second helper and went smooth.. Was a great weekend for family heading to Fla keys for 3 days next week thanks

on a side note had a our first incident closing slide left back bedroom door open bent door handle replaced it next day I was freakin !!!!