DirecTV Trav'ler Satellite Installations

SeattleLion

I've been able to move the trailer to a position where I can more clearly see the roof. The Trav'ler is at least 30" behind the front AC. The front of the Trav'ler mounting plate is several inches behind where the TV mast is rooted. It may be that the 2015's relocated the front AC further back. Our AC is centered on the bed to give you a better idea where it is on the 2014's. So, in our case at least, the dish is in the correct place relative to the AC, which is more than 10" tall.

SeattleLion

Eric - you're terms are reminding me of my early years in the RF world with earth stations, OTA antennas on towers and headends.

Not related to the satellite issue in this thread, but I'm reminded of a seminar I went to many, many years ago, put on by then Jerrold Communications (later to become General Instrument, later to be sold to Motorola). At that seminar, I learned about "Knife Edge Diffraction" and how that phenomenon was used in the early days of cable TV when it was truly CATV (community antenna television). But I digress...

For all reading this - I have ping-ponged with Heartland Engineering on the satellite backer location versus it's best use case. The dialog remains open and I'm hopeful that at some point in the near future, our satellite prep and backer location can be improved. Thanks all for the lively discussion and please continue to post issues and solutions related to this matter.

Jim, it may be that the 2015's relocated the front AC backward. Ours is the older version with the air intake in the bedroom vent. In our version, there is plenty of room for a correct Trav'ler installation behind the front AC.