Discussion: NoCal 2008 Spring Rally

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
When we delivered our trailer for warranty work at Ray's RV last week, we saw some folks taking delivery of a new Bighorn, that wasn't you was it? Between moving the trailer a few times and coordinating with the walk-thru guy, we didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray and Debb, sounds like you are going to have a good turnout. We also have 5 coming and hopefully 2-3 more. At some point we should make plans for the 2 chapters to meet in the middle. I guess no luck on someone starting a central chapter yet. It's not hard people, and kinda fun. I thought about having a banner made, 1st ever Socal Heartland rally and have everybody sign it, then post it on the forum. Thinking out loud I guess. Bob, Pat, and the:eek:cat

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Dixon is right near Vacaville and if you are staying in one of the two parks on Midway Road, we will be only about 5 minutes away. It's nice to hear from some other 3370 owners. I am trying to get the time off from work to make the rally but am uncertain yet about the availability? Thanks! Let me know the dates you will be in Vacaville and maybe we can swing by to show you some Solano County hospitality!

We'll arrive on 3/22 and leave on 3/26 to go to Redding. We're staying at Midway RV Park 4933 Midway Road
Vacaville, CA 95688 (866)446-7679
Maybe we can get together. We'll have to see how schedules work out!
Kristy

slmayor

Bob & Patty,
there is interest in doing another rally in the fall at Plymouth, just below Sacramento, in the gold country. Maybe we can look at that location or another more central? I'd love to do another in Central Cal. We have yet to explore a lot of that country, as we usually head north to Oregon. Just let me know, and I'll help in any way I can .
I'm pretty excited about this rally, and surprisingly, even my Mr. Cranky is looking forward to it as well.:)

jbeletti

Rally Banners

Bob and Patty,

I'll take care of getting a banner for the rally. We have artwork already at a printer for rally banners. We use a similar banner for each rally. But, no reason you can't adorn yours when you get it.

Give me a couple weeks to work it out and I'll get a banner to you thereafter.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Jim, "your my huckleberry":p, I was going out tomorrow and see about getting 1. I also was looking at the appearal thread. I'm going to call them and ask about some 1st ever rally shirts. Bob :D:D:eek:

slmayor

Bob,
I'm doing some can Koozies for ours. Just Nor Cal Rally 2008. I have an embroidery machine. Not a commercial one, but a dozen of anything is doable. If you need something, let me know. (as long as it's not 20 or 30 and not Heartland's licensed logo :)
Jim, A banner for our Rally would be great as well.. hint, hint. Looks like 8 others so far, and still getting emails.

Bob&Patty

Ray and Deb, I called Brad at the appearal place and we can get some nice polo shirts done for about $25 each. You should give him a call. 1-888-729-0198. He will tell you what you can get on the shirts. Click on the appearal site and you can see all what they have. I am going to have him emboider 1st socal rally 2-23-08 on the shirts. Bob

slmayor

Rally Activities anyone?

How many that are coming would be interested in a tour inside Shasta Dam (assuming we aren't on orange high alert) or of a huge fiberglass factory. The factory is pretty cool and no itchies, I promise. It's all automated, state-of-the art and pretty darn amazing.
With the dam tours, assuming they are running, you can't take anything with you. No purses, etc.
We have the Sundial bridge and the walking trails of course, but anyone can do those at any time. Likewise, the Shasta Caverns tours.
I can either organize a couple tours, or just hand out maps with locations and times of operation. Any preferences?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I think we would be up for either tour. I haven't been on the dam tour since I was a little kid.

Since we have between 2 and 5 feet of snow in our yard right now, with more on the way, its hard to imagine that we plan to be camping in 6-7 weeks. Right now Mark is out taking snow off the roof of the house. Fortunately, the trailer doesn't have much on it. The wind has blown most of it off of there.

Kristy

slmayor

Kristy,
we even had snow here twice in one week. We are just about at the 1000 ft. level, so not often. My metal gazebo was a casualty of the last storm. Supposed to be a little warmer next week so maybe some of your snow will melt. We've had so much rain here that it's washed the snow away. Remember it will be almost April :)

I'll check next week about the tours and timing. The Knauf factory usually isn't open to tours, proprietary information, etc. but the GM is a friend and I think he'll do it. They do a few private tours. It's pretty interesting. I think the Dam tour is about 2 hours total, but I'll call next week.
Thanks for your input!

Bob&Patty

Ray and Deb, as of right now we have 9 registered at the CG. And maybe 2 more coming. We need to talk after our rally. Im going to bring up the idea of joining forces at a later date. Yours is really going well, congrads. Bob:D:D:eek:

slmayor

Bob and Patty, great idea! I think ours will be good too. For a first Rally, the fact that everyone wanted to come here made it a lot easier on me for sure. I haven't checked with the park this week to see who's registered, but if everyone comes that says they will, I think we'll have 8 or 9 as well.
We're going to Oroville for a long weekend next weekend, and then we have 5 days at Eagle Lake for opening day of Trout season. I know we're going to try the coast around Garberville in late April or Early May. Don't have our big two week trip planned yet though. Weather has been in the high 60's here, so makes me itchy to go. Good thing the trailer is at the dealers :) I think retirement is beginning to call to us. Just a couple more years.
Hope you all have a great time at the Rally!
Deb

slmayor

Norcal Reservation Reminder

Checked with the park today and only two others have made their reservations.:eek: Please call the park and make your reservations so we can all be placed together. I have held 10 spots, but will need to release them in a few weeks if we don't have reservations. phone # is 530-275-4600 or toll free is on the Mountain Gate link on the rally listing. I've heard from several of you that said you were coming, so please let us know if you will attend.:)
Thanks! Deb

azbound

Redding Rally

Sorry we will miss the first Rally especially as it is being held in our home town. We won't be back from Arizona until the first week in April. Looking forward to the next Rally. Hope all have a good time.

Azbound
Gary and JB

slmayor

Gary & JB,
hope you're enjoying AZ, finally quit raining here. Amazingly nice weather, our usual two weeks of false Spring.
We're already talking to Bob & Patty of the SoCal group about another joint rally, so I think we will have lots of opportunities this year.
We're leaving tomorrow to pick the trailer up at the dealers and then camp for a few days. I can't wait. I envy you long term campers. :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I made our reservations a couple of weeks ago so hopefully we are one of the two you know about.
Kristy

slmayor

Kristy,
sorry for the delay in answering, we were out for a long weekend in the trailer.
Yep, you are one of the couples with reservations.
I don't know how the weather is there. but it has been wonderful here for the past several days. Looking at another storm the end of the week tho.
Looking forward to the rally!
Deb

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We got so sick of snow that yesterday we drove down to Redding for the day just to get out of it. Seventy degrees!!!! We went by the park and drove through. It seems like a nice place and the person working the desk was pleasant. She didn't know anything about our group coming in next month, but I figured she was only there on weekends and might not have heard anything about it yet.

Mark put the new Glide Ride king pin on the this weekend and will put the JT Strong Arm stabilizers on as soon as he can do it without having to lay in the snow. Anyway, we'll know how well these things work by the time we meet all of you. We have a possibility of rain and snow this week, but the worst should be over by now. We'll keep getting snow off and on through next month with a day or two of it possible even in May. The warm weather down there will feel good.

Kristy

last weekend in march sounds good for me. thanks

I am sending 3 months in Bridgeport,Ca. starting on April 15 and its close by . Thanks wayne 3600 RL