Discussion: NoCal 2008 Spring Rally

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Dale and Judy, I think we have 5 or 6 heartlanders coming now? If everyone comes that said they were going to , we may have 12 -13. Sorry if I nagged you again, but I need to check and make sure we are together and the weekend girl didn't put you someplace else. Also, I need to make a real list rather than trying to rely on my memory, which isn't so great anymore. :)
Look forward to seeing you! Not sure how many will stay yet. Kristy & Mark (ziggy) are coming early. and maybe a couple more. We will be there Friday afternoon, although I will probably be there with the car earlier in the day.
Please let me know if you need anything!
deb

RubiconAg

Unfortunately we will not be able to make this one, kids spring break and they have demanded salt water.

However, we would like to start talking about a meet and great at the 49'r village in Plymouth. We would be willing to put everything together to make this happen.

slmayor

Great! Thanks for letting me know about the Spring rally.
I know Bob & Patty are interested in doing a kind of Central CA rally so we can get North and South together so to speak. If you're interested in doing the legwork, my thanks to you! Lets start a new discussion right after this rally gets through. We can ask for date suggestions from both groups and see what happens.
Thank you again!
Deb

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Deb,
Could you please post a list of who is coming if its not too much trouble? We are getting closer and I'm wondering who is really going to make it and who can't.

We are starting our trip next Saturday, so I'll be out of the loop from then until we arrive in Redding on the Wed. before the rally, unless we happen to end up with decent WiFi in our campground.

Kristy

slmayor

Please raise your hands!

As of 10:00 this morning, I only have 5 reservations at Mountain Gate RV:
DBarnard, Holcombs, Sue & Garth, Ziggy, and myself.
If you have already registered, please call the park at 530-275-4600 and let them know you are with the Heartland group. Or.... Send me your real last names and I can do it for you. If you haven't registered, please call at ASAP.
I have three that said they were attending earlier... Noconwud, Barry & Alana and Wayne Marshall. Please contact me if you have reservations and the park if you don't.

We are looking at good weather and even if it rains, we have the use of the community room. I'll have maps and schedules for tours and activities. Friday night will be food on your own, (I doubt we'll starve:D) Saturday night will be pot luck salad, bread or dessert and bring your own BBQ meat. Please let me know your preference. Looking forward to meeting you all.

slmayor

Thanks for letting me know! The extended weather forcast looks good. Keep your fingers crossed...LOL

We've got reservations for Lake of the Woods aug 7-9 and Diamond Lake aug 10-11, Casey's at Oakridge Aug 12-13. Then we head to the coast. We're going to do a little exploring of Oregon this summer.

slmayor

Saturday Pot Luck & Schedule

Hi all. To those that are attending the rally, we will have an informal meet and greet Friday night as everyone is getting set up.
Saturday evening pot luck, with salad, dessert or bread and bring your own BBQ meats. We have the community room available in case of rain (not supposed to)
I will have tour schedules available and maps for those wanting to do the Shasta Dam or Shasta Caverns tours and hours for Turtle Bay Museum. Sundial bridge is open all the time, and a great photo op. As you come in, look for the Heartland Banner, although the office should know where we are.
Kristy (Ziggy) will be there early, bless her, and I will be there Friday afternoon unless I get brave and decide to tow the BH up earlier. (Ray is in Sacramento and will be coming home Friday afternoon.) I know I can tow it, not too sure about parking it though... LOL

Looking forward to meeting you all.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi everyone!
I posted the combined photos from our camera and Deb and Ray's camera in HOG. It can be found in the rallies section (thanks Michael!) under 2008 NorCal Spring Rally. If you have other photos to add, let me know and I'll add them to the album.

Hope to see all of you again!
Kristy:)