Socal Rally Dates in Febuary

• Febuary 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Ok you guys, enough of the exaggerations. My question was always whether to use the awning after we parked. Even I am not stupid enough to drive with it down. In fact I don't think it could be done Bob, unless you were experiencing one of those frequent senior moments. By the way, don't beat with me a wrench when you see us tomorrow, just playing with the dirty, cranky ole man! I wonder if he will even remember where we are going? Call me if you get lost Gramps! I will guide you in. LOL
ps Dena good luck with the puppy. We have all been there. Its a toughie but our prayers are with you.
Peace and out,

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Larrys Magic carpet ride

Dena, we are all keeping our fingers crossed for the PUP. Hope to see you and Roy tomorrow, God willing. Watch out for flying awnings and a burning BH. Larry might come unscrewed this time. ROAD RAGE:eek::eek: OOOXXXX BOB:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter

I dont have road rage bob, in fact i just hope u take ur geritol this weekend in order to stay awake and share all your knowledge of extensive rving of 80 years. I am sure with all the help u will provide us newbies, we will benefit from your knowledge. Just keep checking your name tab so u can remember your own name. We will all assist you in limiting your senior moments. Come rain or shine, we will all have a great time at the socal rally. In case i become unscrewed I am certain you will screw me right up tight, and I am depending on that. God bless Gramps for all his help as much as he teases me, let's all hope Bob stays alert the whole weekend to lead this affair. By the way you can always sit under my awning once its parked, and stay dry. Cyall manana, unless my awning flies off at 80 mph.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Too Fun!

If our anniversary wasn't coming up on Monday, I'd be tempted to change my weekend plans - since I don't have my Cyclone yet, I'd fly to this SoCal Rally! You guys are gonna have a blast! I can't wait to meet you some day.

Dena, I'm hoping your pup pulls thru.

billd

Hi Bob,

Well I wont be able to make it this weekend. Hope you all have a great time, wet or dry.

Bill

Uncle Rog

Rally Update............

Howdy, I visited the folks over at the CG yesterday morning and I must say they are a good group.
It was the first time I have ever seen BH's or BC's in a campground!
The weather is a little damp this morning but I am sure they are keeping dry..............

DennisZ

Rally Pictures

We had a great group of folks attend the 1st So Cal Rally. Here are some pictures of the RV park and a couple of group pictures. Bob will be posting more pictures he has. The PDF File has the names that go with the faces.

Dennis

Attachments

• Site 1.jpg
    Site 1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 24
  • group 4.jpg
    group 4.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 28
  • group 5.jpg
    group 5.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 3 rigs.jpg
    3 rigs.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Rally Pictures.pdf
    307.3 KB · Views: 19
  • SoCal_Group_2.jpg
    SoCal_Group_2.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 23
  • SoCal_Group_1.jpg
    SoCal_Group_1.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 23
  • larry.jpg
    larry.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Nice pics Dennis. Looks like you guys had some fun. Looked a little chilly but nothing a light jacket and a campfire can't fix.

I added your annotated images to your upload.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

Jim we had a great time and met alot of nice folks at the socal rally. Everyone checked out everybody's rigs and always found some nice models, and great interior decorating. Potluck dinner was outstanding, and although the weather wasn't the greatest, the help from all the senior campers was outstanding. Cranky Bob and Patty, Dennis Z, Dale and Jenny, Wayne, Dena and the rest of the gang all had sage advice that will help out in the future. Bob looks much younger than 80, and he wasn't as grouchy as he pretends to be. Consider the socal rally a success, and we hope to have many more in the coming months. At night, it was really nice for Debbi and I to sit in our 2009 Bighorn 3400RE by the heated fireplace, watched the Laker game in HD (thanks DZ), and barely feel the lack of insulation from the holes from my previous crashes! LOL One bit of advice, stay away from the Sanbuki (sp), it turned my face red! Got more sage advice than I can remember, but plan to keep on chuggling along. Thanks again old timers, couldn't have done it without you! Bob next time don't forget your Geritol, and you will be able to stay up past 8PM.
If you look at the pics you can see where I met a red and white pole upfront and personal in our maiden voyage, but that's another story.

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Great time!

Hi Jim. Dale and I had a great time at the Rally. The banner is beautiful! Bob and Pat did a great job! Thanks, Dennis for letting us know about it! We met some wonderful people and look forward to another get together soon. I took some pictures and attaching a few for you to see. (How many men does it take to put up an EZ up?!)The weather was a bit wet, but it didn't dampen our "spirits" :) Hello to everyone in the group! The potluck was super! Hope to see all again soon.
Jenny

Attachments

• HeartlandP1000331.JPG
    HeartlandP1000331.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 17
  • HeartlandP1000327.JPG
    HeartlandP1000327.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 18
  • HeartlandP1000324.JPG
    HeartlandP1000324.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 20
  • HeartlandP1000322.JPG
    HeartlandP1000322.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 22

Bob&Patty

1st Rally

Well folks, the 1st ever Socal rally has come and gone. I am speaking for my self and Pat when I say we had a wonderful time! To all the folks that brought their coachs and MH's, thanks for coming and supporting the event. We had 5 BH,s 1 BC, and 2 SOB,s. I also want to thank the ones that came for the pot luck that could not bring their coachs. DennisZ was a God sent for us that could not get their satellites to work. The man is a electronic genius. Take a bow Dennis. And to Larry and Debbi, you are both great people and have a great sense of humor. Larry wore his name tag with honor(see picture) as there was some teasing about his 1st adventure with his coach. I do believe that Larry will excel as he learns about RVing. To the people that were there to help the newbies learn the right way to do things, Thank you. The pot luck was great even though the minute we sat down to eat the RAINS CAME. We had many, many great dishs to choose from. If anybody was still hungery after that it was their own fault. My potato salad was kinda a challenge with frozen hard boiled eggs. The frig works TOO good. Roger(uncle rog) came by Saturday morning to hang out awhile. David and Kathy(1duffer101) came in the afternoon and stayed for the pot luck. Yes it takes at least 6 guys and a beer or 2 to put up an EZ UP. I think all in all everybody had a good time making new friends. The parks wifi was not working, so we could not look at the shirts at the apparel link on the forum so we could order some shirts. We had a banner signing that worked out pretty well except that it was a little wet and when it was put away some of the signers names are now backwards. Like ZsinneD dna harobeD. We now need a mirror to read some of them. We have posted our pictures here. For those of you that could not join us this time. We will have other rallies soon. There is already talk about something in April, so stay tuned. Again to all those who did come, thanks again for making it a great 1st rally. Bob and Pat

Attachments

• rally 001 (Medium).jpg
    rally 001 (Medium).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 22
  • rally 012 (Medium).jpg
    rally 012 (Medium).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 21
  • rally 014 (Medium).jpg
    rally 014 (Medium).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 21
  • rally 016 (Medium).jpg
    rally 016 (Medium).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 28
  • rally 018 (Medium).jpg
    rally 018 (Medium).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
  • rally 007 (Medium).jpg
    rally 007 (Medium).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 25
  • rally 003 (Medium).jpg
    rally 003 (Medium).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 20
  • rally 004 (Medium).jpg
    rally 004 (Medium).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 23
  • rally 006 (Medium).jpg
    rally 006 (Medium).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 26
  • rally 009 (Medium).jpg
    rally 009 (Medium).jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 23
  • rally 010 (Medium).jpg
    rally 010 (Medium).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jbeletti

Hi Bob and Patty,

Congratulations on your first rally, the first rally for your chapter and the first Heartland rally of 2008. You guys did great!

Thank you everyone for the pictures too. Glad everyone had fun. Hope the SOBs enjoyed it as well. I'm sure your Heartland pride had a positive effect on them.

Bask in your glory and plan your next one. They just get easier. Or is that bigger? Both!

Jim

Bob&Patty

Oooooh Yea

Jim, I hope at least Bigger. I really dont think it could get any better. All the people we met are the best. Bob

Last edited:
To All

Kathy and I had a great time. Sorry we could not stay for the weekend but were glad to drop in.

To Crash The following link will allow you to find out what channels you will get on the antenna and which direction to point it. http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

Hope to make the next one we the trailer.

If we are going to order shirts, let me know.

sdgirl

A great time

Hi everyone,
Well, Roy and I had a great time even if we did buy the wrong model. Our Big Country may not hold the prestege of the Big Horns, but as our first trailer, it's MUCH bigger than we had orignally planned,, and MUCH nicer. The big shame was to learn that I bought the WRONG COLOR TRUCK! Why didn't someone tell me that you must purchase a WHITE truck if you're gonna pull one of these things??? LOL Nawwww, I love Red just the way she is. As this was Roy's very first trip, it was a bit wetter than I was hoping for, but he didn't open his laptop once, thank God! Exactly why I wanted to start RV'ing, that man works way to much. And you all were super, especially since we forgot to bring any wood to level the coach with (duh) and we don't even have a manual can opener yet (DOH). While I was driving home, Roy was busy writting down a hundred things that we realized that needed. And we got several ideas from looking at all the classy Big Horns. You guys are / were great. Roy and I can't thank you enough. I am sooooo looking forward to our next trip. I hope we'll be a little bit more prepared next time! :D

Hugs to you all and thanks Dennis and Bob for the great pictures! Hey,,, Larry didn't fall of the roof his coach after Roy and I left, did he?? :rolleyes:

jbeletti

Hi Dena,

Glad to hear you and Roy had a great time at the rally. And no, you'd didn't buy the wrong trailer. You bought what works for you. It's perfect.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

Dena you are so funny, and you and Roy have an awesome rig. I am still alive and kicking. I am scared of heights and climbing up the ladder and on the roof putting on one of those little white caps that came off that lead to somewhere was quite an experience. At least I found out the roof was strong enough to hold me. When I looked down you were driving away.
One of the fun parts of RVing is solving all those "off the wall" problems that come your way. I say that tongue in cheek, as all of the experienced Rvers, including all the women, have learned to be hands on, mechanical and each guy had a different gadget that made their life easier, including snapon connectors and adjustable water pressure thingamajigs. I was just amazed at the solutions. Too bad cranky Bob spent half his time trying to get his satellite to work right. I was just fine with my 62 channel HD received soley by the antennae.
Question for duffer dave: Thanks for the links for the antennae reception, however are we red vhf, or purple or blue uhf? And of course, now I need a compass to add to my small bag of tricks in order to point the antennae in the right direction. Unless my GPS has it? We all had a blast, and I can't wait to go out and run into some more Heartland RVers. OOPS did Crash Larry say that wrong? he he he. Head for cover when you see me coming! My final comment is backing up is a ***** and I got a lot of learning to do!
"Crash Larry"

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob&Patty

Trials And Tribulations

Larry, it just takes practice. Roy and Dena, you will get all the things you need. Dena, you and Roy have great unit, why are beating yourself up about it. Make a list and get things 1 at a time. Yes larry, Dennis and I spent some time getting the satellite to work, but we wont have to do it again. Bob and Pat :D:D:eek:

sdgirl

Kidding Bob~~~

I love our Big Country~ I was just kiddin about buying the wrong unit. I think it's great for us, what we need and where we want to go. Roy must have had a great time, told me he wants to spend this weekend working on the trailer~ :eek: Question for you, Bob, or anyone. Since our Sani-flush thinga-ma-bob (trying to keep up with "Crash" :rolleyes:) doesn't seem to be working,,, would it be a good idea to put about 20 gallons of water in there, with a packet of that stuff (Geez, brain dead today) and take it somewhere and dump it? A bit worried that I have 'stuff' left in there and I do NOT want things to start smelling. Oh, and a gal I used to work with has a 5th wheel and she said that she always puts a piece of bread down the toilet after they are done camping and she doesn't have any poo smell. Anyone else use that method? Or have any sage advice on NOT doing that?
Thanks all ~!

Bob&Patty

Dena, is there a place you can dump the trailer close to you? If there is use a old garden hose and fill the tank with water thru to toilet. Take the trailer and dump it again. Put about 4-5 gals of water in the tank and some sanitizer. Should be go to go. Maybe you could take it to the place that Larry is taking his in San Clemente and have them find out what is wrong with the spritzer.:confused: Bob :D:D:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.